Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

(2018) PG Robert Phinisee to Cincinnati

Knew this kid was special after seeing him play for the first time last season. Even last year he was so smooth and under control the entire game. Scored with ease and yet seemed just as capable of a floor general. Almost looked more satisfied setting up his teammates and getting stops on defense. Regardless of how long he's here, he's going to be a fan favorite and we'll be able to look back and celebrate the success he had while he was a Hoosier.

he looks good, but his release point on some of those jumpers looks a little low to me. anyone else notice that? 

I know people joke a lot about it but the size of college BB will have an impact here. On jumpers, finishing in the lane, and even passing lanes.

He's a smart kid, he can adjust. Yogi had to adjust and finally figured out things that work at his size.

All this said, RP is having an amazing year. Hoping the translation is smooth for him.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, IUfan_Charlie said:

he looks good, but his release point on some of those jumpers looks a little low to me. anyone else notice that? 

Looks good to me. Probably has a lot to do with the fact that the camera angle is quite low. This kid is grossly underrated. Clear upgrade to what we have now.

Phinisee isn't Superman after all.  He committed a TO that led to a Central Catholic bucket and 1 point CC lead and then he missed 2 FT's that would have given McCutcheon the lead with 8 sec. left.  CC wins 53-52.  Phinisee finished with 22 pts. but was only 8-22 from the field.  The game write-up says he was battling the flu.

McCutcheon plays again Saturday night at home vs. Richmond.

http://www.jconline.com/story/sports/high-school/2018/01/05/cc-exorcises-demons-comeback-win-over-mccutcheon/1008639001/

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

McCutcheon bounced back with an OT win over Richmond 49-40.  Phinisee with 25 pts. and 9 reb.  McC held Richmond scoreless in the OT.

What the heck.. that a helluva drive for a HS game. 

So who else expects Rob to start Day 1 now?
I don't see who else would at this point though he may struggle some if we don't have legit scoring options for him to dish to. Yogi started as a frosh but was surrounded by talent and scorers.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I don't see who else would at this point though he may struggle some if we don't have legit scoring options for him to dish to. Yogi started as a frosh but was surrounded by talent and scorers.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Even Yogi struggled as a Freshman. Especially with his scoring. Crazy to think Yogi was the last option on that team.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app