Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

(2018) PG Robert Phinisee to Cincinnati

A little bit. Quentin Snider was slightly bigger and a composite #38 and 247 #53.

I kind of get this comparison based on the whole floor general tag, near same size, below the rim type.

But again, Snider was quite a bit more widely regarded. Maybe it's like Pap said, and RP can blame his AAU team for that. Idk.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

How many true pg's actually play "above the rim" in each class?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

27 minutes ago, hoosierpap said:

So this height at PG myth needs to be disproven. I'm tired of seeing it and almost posted about it like two weeks ago but got distracted.

National Champs:

2017- UNC- PG- Joel Berry- 6'0

2016-Nova- PG- Jalen Brunson-6'3

2015-  Duke- PG- Tyus Jones- 6'1

2014- UCONN- Shabazz Napier- PG- 6'1

2013- UL- PG- Peyton Siva-  6'0

2012- UK--PG- Marquis Teague- 6'2

2011-UCONN- PG- Kemba Walker- 6'1

2010- Duke- PG- Nolan Smith- 6'2

2009- UNC- PG- Ty Lawson- 5'11

2008- KU- PG- Mario Chalmers- 6'2/ Sherron Collins-5'11

2007- UF- PG- Taurean Green- 6'0

2006- UF-PG- Taurean Green- 6'0

2005- UNC- PG- Raymond Felton- 6'1

Okay. That's 12 years. That's modern day college basketball. That's an average height of 6'0 PG for national championship winners. There is literally no positive correlation between above avg height in PG's and national championships. If you think I'm cherry picking 12 years, keep going- it's only going to get worse for you. 

Again, the height thing is not me saying I would rather have RP at 6'0 than 6'6 as my PG...it's me saying height isn't the thing to focus on with PG. Sure, all things equal, duh- I want the taller guy. But waaayy more goes into it at PG. Give me talent, ball handling, ball control, leadership, IQ(O and D), passing ability, defensive fundamentals, cleverness, shooting, quickness - pretty much everything before height. 

I think IU fans have PTSD with regards to the Syracuse blunder. I was there, 3rd row. Crean was screaming nonsense. IU got beat because they had a terrible gameplan to attack a zone, not because Michael Carter-Williams was 6'6. It was one game and it was a mistake at the top. 

*This is probably broader than RP, and probably CCG is going to PM me about our own rules regarding the recruiting forum. But, yolo?

That's fascinating. Thanks for posting Pap, probably my favorite post of the year tbh just because I wouldn't have guessed that either. 

So this height at PG myth needs to be disproven. I'm tired of seeing it and almost posted about it like two weeks ago but got distracted.

National Champs:

Okay. That's 12 years. That's modern day college basketball. That's an average height of 6'0 PG for national championship winners. There is literally no positive correlation between above avg height in PG's and national championships. If you think I'm cherry picking 12 years, keep going- it's only going to get worse for you. 
Again, the height thing is not me saying I would rather have RP at 6'0 than 6'6 as my PG...it's me saying height isn't the thing to focus on with PG. Sure, all things equal, duh- I want the taller guy. But waaayy more goes into it at PG. Give me talent, ball handling, ball control, leadership, IQ(O and D), passing ability, defensive fundamentals, cleverness, shooting, quickness - pretty much everything before height. 
I think IU fans have PTSD with regards to the Syracuse blunder. I was there, 3rd row. Crean was screaming nonsense. IU got beat because they had a terrible gameplan to attack a zone, not because Michael Carter-Williams was 6'6. It was one game and it was a mistake at the top. 
*This is probably broader than RP, and probably CCG is going to PM me about our own rules regarding the recruiting forum. But, yolo?

Love this

RP reminds me a lot of Quenten Snyder of Louisville a couple years back. Played with very good talent around him.

Sent from my SM-G900V using BtownBanners mobile app

I hope pray and plead he is not, I think Snider is one of the worst starting PG I've ever watched consistently at an elite level.

3 hours ago, hoosierpap said:

National Champs:

Great post.  Proves that narratives can grow legs all by themselves.  

Great post.  Proves that narratives can grow legs all by themselves.  

Initially the height issue regarding RP, was because he is listed at 5'11".

Rabjohns says he is 6'1". If true it makes a huge difference to me still.

Often times when a player is listed it's a generous number, if you don't get the 6'0" bump you are short.

Paps list is awesome, but to me the 5'11" concerns would still exist.

At 6'1" I feel much better.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Often times when a player is listed it's a generous number, if you don't get the 6'0" bump you are short.

His list will be over 6'0". The players Pap listed are living by the same rules and their list height is generous too. Of all things for RP his height will not be an issue.

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I just meant the narrative that you need height as a point guard.  That's been perpetuated since Magic Johnson.

11 hours ago, hoosierpap said:

National Champs:

Boy do I have a story for you about the game plan for that game. I would say you wouldn't believe it but after 8 years with Crean you wouldn't be surprised.

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Boy do I have a story for you about the game plan for that game. I would say you wouldn't believe it but after 8 years with Crean you wouldn't be surprised.

Did it involve a trunk full of midgets and a gallon of cooking oil? Cause even that wouldn't surprise me.