Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

(2018) PG Robert Phinisee to Cincinnati

13 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Lol do any of you watch any drafts of the major sports? That is always the talk of the drafts. BPA... Best player available. "Don't reach for a need. Take BPA."

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

If you played a drinking game for how many times "BPA" is said during the NFL draft, you'd probably die the first night

19 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Lol do any of you watch any drafts of the major sports? That is always the talk of the drafts. BPA... Best player available. "Don't reach for a need. Take BPA."

I got the reference. But that's a pro thing. Drafts are about acquiring assets--that can be traded--as much as filling roster spots. College basketball doesn't have trades, and you only get 5 players on the floor. A good PG can't back up DD.

I got the reference. But that's a pro thing. Drafts are about acquiring assets--that can be traded--as much as filling roster spots. College basketball doesn't have trades, and you only get 5 players on the floor. A good PG can't back up DD.

Are we not acquiring assets when we recruit? As for the second part, "A good PG can't back up DD." I agree, which is why this all started by me asking are we headed in a specific direction or BPA. Then that apparently perplexed a group of people. Best player available or need.

I just can't get too amped on this one. I'm hoping RP proves me wrong.

I've said before, I think he's good. Just not convinced he's good enough for where I'm aiming.

We get Langford, and then I don't care, but getting a big goes out the window of hope for me because I DONT want a 6 man class, and I really want Romeo.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I've said before, I think he's good. Just not convinced he's good enough for where I'm aiming.

We get Langford, and then I don't care, but getting a big goes out the window of hope for me because I DONT want a 6 man class, and I really want Romeo.

See I do like him, but he is a piece and not the highlight. I think he plays. I agree the overall success hinges on Romeo. I am really curious what the general feel is on who could go. I don't see us taking less than 3 next year, but there will need to be turnover in roster.

14 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

The fact that you're not sold on a top 100 recruit really speaks a lot to what Archie has already accomplished in a very short time here.

The fact that you're not sold on a top 100 recruit really speaks a lot to what Archie has already accomplished in a very short time here.

247 has him in the 160's. I feel like he's a fringe 3/4 star and has performed more like a #150 type recruit all summer. A good summer would have gone a long way with my confidence. Hoping it was really just the injuries and not the step up in competition.

247 has him in the 160's. I feel like he's a fringe 3/4 star and has performed more like a #150 type recruit all summer. A good summer would have gone a long way with my confidence. Hoping it was really just the injuries and not the step up in competition.

With rankings either side can cherry pick which service to use to fit the argument. I believe In the past you have said u pay more attention to 247 composite. RP composite is 97. On the other side Curtis jones was a top 40 espn recruit but his composite was near the 80's. Regardless of where RP is ranked some are going to love his game and others are going to question it. No right answer

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

With rankings either side can cherry pick which service to use to fit the argument. I believe In the past you have said u pay more attention to 247 composite. RP composite is 97. On the other side Curtis jones was a top 40 espn recruit but his composite was near the 80's. Regardless of where RP is ranked some are going to love his game and others are going to question it. No right answer

I'm not saying there is a right answer. I acknowledge RP could be the right answer. He's not a surefire right answer to me but he may be to the staff. That's all that really matters, I guess.

As far as rankings, yes composite is the best way to view it but as an individual site it is my belief that 247 is ahead of the curve and faster to notice trends up and down. I put more credence in their rankings than other services. Slightly.

I also acknowledge rankings aren't the end all be all. I've indicated I liked Devoe and Akinjo both who were low rated at the time.

As far as Cujo, he has 3 more years to fulfill that composite ranking of 60-70 range.

All I'm saying is RP doesn't pump me up as a fan. Solid recruit. Maybe great. Some questions for me.

I put extra value on PG spot and he isn't an off the charts level talent, that id hope to get at point.

I'm not saying there is a right answer. I acknowledge RP could be the right answer. He's not a surefire right answer to me but he may be to the staff. That's all that really matters, I guess.

As far as rankings, yes composite is the best way to view it but as an individual site it is my belief that 247 is ahead of the curve and faster to notice trends up and down. I put more credence in their rankings than other services. Slightly.

I also acknowledge rankings aren't the end all be all. I've indicated I liked Devoe and Akinjo both who were low rated at the time.

As far as Cujo, he has 3 more years to fulfill that composite ranking of 60-70 range.

All I'm saying is RP doesn't pump me up as a fan. Solid recruit. Maybe great. Some questions for me.

I put extra value on PG spot and he isn't an off the charts level talent, that id hope to get at point.

The problem is right now 247 is Scout and vice versa. When they merged we have no clue what it will do to rankings. Most piggy back off of each other for initial rankings then have their area guys follow players. The top 50 or so players are mostly obvious. I assume we will see a difference in rankings and production. ESPN doesn't care about the 100th ranked kid and 247 is Scout. Curious to see how accurate or usable the composite is the next few years.