Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

(2018) PG Robert Phinisee to Cincinnati

Phinisee and McCutcheon's season ended with a thud Satuday afternoon at the hands of Carmel 68-61.  Carmel outrebounded McC 40-21 and McC was only 9-33 from 3-point land.  

Carmel coach Scott Heady also saw a nightmare playing out.  McCutcheon junior point guard Robert Phinisee was unstoppable.  With the fifth-ranked Mavericks (23-3) playing five players on the perimeter, Phinisee utilized his ballhandling skills and quickness to penetrate and scored a game-high 30 points in addition to nine rebounds and five assists. Defensively, he had four steals and twice blocked 6-foot-10 John Michael Mulloy, who towers over Phinisee by nine inches

McC is senior loaded so next year will likely be a down year for them as a team and Phinisee will have to become even a bigger factor.

Full newspaper account at:   http://www.jconline.com/story/sports/high-school/2017/03/11/cold-shooting-rebounding-dooms-mccutcheon/99045838/

Hopefully we see Miller make this kid a priority. There's a solid core of Indiana talent and he cold be a key piece. 
Might have to go out of state for a Big but would be nic to get our Point close to home. 

Archie could make a huge statement by coming in and snagging the instate kids who were starting to cool on IU. A class of Phinisee, Jallow, and maybe just maybe Langford would be fantastic

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

18 minutes ago, ramadden13 said:

http://www.insidethehall.com/2017/04/06/four-star-guard-robert-phinisee-talks-iu-coaching-change-junior-season/

ITH talked with Phinisee about the coaching change. Phinisee said Miller had already reached out and that Miller was making him a priority. Full article linked above.

Feeling good about this recruitment. There will be a lot of playing time available his freshman year and he would be our PG of the future.

Especially liked this in the above article:

Phinisee, who held a scholarship offer from the previous coaching staff and had a good relationship with Tom Crean, said the coaching change in Bloomington won’t hurt Indiana’s chances in his recruitment.

“I know Indiana is a great program, so even with the coaching change, I’m still interested,” Phinisee said.

1 hour ago, ccgeneral said:

@KyleNeddenriep: Indiana coach Archie Miller expected in tomorrow to see McCutcheon point guard Robert Phinisee (2018).

So I'm guessing Phinisee is #1 point guard choice or maybe #2 behind Garland. Hunter would be 3rd? I guess whichever one we land we get a good one. 

So I'm guessing Phinisee is #1 point guard choice or maybe #2 behind Garland. Hunter would be 3rd? I guess whichever one we land we get a good one. 

I would say Garland is 1, Phinisee is 2. Hunter is more of a combo guard or SG, from what I've seen on the trail, so I doubt he interferes with either.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

3 hours ago, ccgeneral said:

@KyleNeddenriep: Indiana coach Archie Miller expected in tomorrow to see McCutcheon point guard Robert Phinisee (2018).

I'll be interested to see which assistants (if any) go with him. He told Romeo they would all be in to see him. I wonder if he'll full court press Phinisee and other in-state recruits.

Pretty Joel Berry-esque, eh?

I was hooked when they played New Albany in the finals.Seems to be a very hardnosed kid.I said before he was the best player on the floor not named Romeo and I stand by that still.Some kids just have that fire and others dont.Hollowell was highly ranked but I never saw that quality in him.Gary Harris had it and we were oversigned at that point.One of Crean's biggest recuiting WTF's.