Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

IU's Most Important Player This Season

IU's Most Important Player?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is IU's Most Important Player?

• Troy Williams
    • Colin Hartman
    • Yogi Ferrell
    • James Blackmon Jr.
    • Robert Johnson
    • Thomas Bryant
    • Nick Zeisloft
    • Someone Else

I'll pose another question to you guys: What's more valuable to the team: a greatly improved troy or greatly improved jbj?

JBJ, I can't imagine if he got on the same level as Eric Gordon. Troy is great and brings an awesome tool set to the table, but our offense would flourish with JBJ playing like he did against SMU every single game. 

Yogi and it isn't that close, imo.

This. If Yogi's line goes from 16/5 to about 14/7 and he really controls getting the ball to the right people at the right places in the floor, I think this team is really good. If he leads the conference in assists and assist/turnover ratio, really good. If he leads the conference in scoring, that's a problem.

I'll pose another question to you guys: What's more valuable to the team: a greatly improved troy or greatly improved jbj?

In my opinion, we really need a "greatly improved JBJ".

Troy doesn't need to be "greatly improved". He needs to play under control, not force things and just be Troy. He showed some flashes of absolute brilliance last season. He also made some boneheaded plays. Cut down on the flash and just play the game with the passion and hunger, and Troy will be fine.

Similarly, JBJ showed some good stuff last year, but for whatever reason (freshman, lazy, attitude, I really don't know), his great moments were few and far between. But that's not to say they didn't exist. His defense left a lot to be desired... and at times, he barely went through the motions. But when his shot was "on", he was money. JBJ needs to be more consistent, more in the flow defensively and I'd love to see him display just a bit of emotion on the floor.

I went with Holt.

He's not the most important player on the court this year, but if IU does poorly, then the entire fanbase is going to say it's because he was dismissed and we ended up too small. If we do well, then we'll all say it's because we finally got focused on the game and got rid of the bad influences.

His dismissal will have a greater impact on fan perceptions of the season than anything a player does during a game. Unless someone hits some clutch shots during the tourney.

If Troy can consistently make threes, people will have to step out and guard him. This would open the floor up and allow Troy to drive easier and dish. An improved Troy, in the three point shot, would be better than an improved jbj.

JBJ with Bryant a close second.

Yogi is a known quantity. What he brings to the table isn't going to change much from last season. Troy is the face of inconsistency and I wouldn't bank on that changing anytime soon.

JBJ has the greatest room for improvement in my opinion. If he can improve his ball handling, pick and roll play, and passing he can be deadly on offense. All he needs to do is be average on defense. He doesn't need to be Tony Allen, just needs to keep his man in front of him.

Without a doubt it is bryant. Hemakesus a final four team. I expect 15 and 10 a game from him.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

are u Thomas Bryant? I love his game too but man you really are getting the hopes up. Any inside info??

I am looking forward to see how quickly he adapts to big boy ball.

Without a doubt it is bryant. Hemakesus a final four team. I expect 15 and 10 a game from him.

I hope / wish / prefer 15 & 10 but don't expect it to happen over the entire course of the upcoming season.   He's a freshman and will start taking a pounding when B1G starts; he'll pick up some silly fouls and spend extended minutes on the bench before he learns what he got away with in high school no longer works; he'll hit the proverbial 'wall' as we move into the last weeks of the season.  If the stats I found are correct, Cody averaged 15.6 ppg and 6.6 rpg as a freshman.  Thomas Bryant is a good player and I'm extremely happy he's on our team but he isn't Cody Zeller.   

Can someone truly breakdown why Troy, what is it going to differently or is if he stays consistent?

I feel like our team followed his game last year. When he had a great game, we usually won. The games we lost he seemed to disappear 

I hope / wish / prefer 15 & 10 but don't expect it to happen over the entire course of the upcoming season. He's a freshman and will start taking a pounding when B1G starts; he'll pick up some silly fouls and spend extended minutes on the bench before he learns what he got away with in high school no longer works; he'll hit the proverbial 'wall' as we move into the last weeks of the season. If the stats I found are correct, Cody averaged 15.6 ppg and 6.6 rpg as a freshman. Thomas Bryant is a good player and I'm extremely happy he's on our team but he isn't Cody Zeller.

While I agree he's not the player Zeller was I believe his size we'll lead him to more rebounds to me 12 and 8 are realistic numbers for Bryant

I voted for Bryant because he is what we lacked last year. We just need a big man who can clog the middle on D and rebound. Whatever points he can score will be a plus. Troy would be a close second because he still drove me nuts last year. He would turn the ball over just at the wrong time. Hopefully he comes back with a jump shot, some D, and has learned to play under control. JBJ is another one. He put up big numbers last year but seemed to fade halfway through the year. If he can add some confidence and some killer instinct, he can be a scary player. 
The only player I have no worries about it is Yogi. He has carried this team on his back for a few years now. He is doing all he can, and I don't think anyone can ask anything more from him.

Bryant is every bit as good as zeller was at the time. No reason he cant put up 15 points per game. I expect big things from him.

Are you done trolling yet?