Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

IU's Most Important Player This Season

IU's Most Important Player?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is IU's Most Important Player?

• Troy Williams
    • Colin Hartman
    • Yogi Ferrell
    • James Blackmon Jr.
    • Robert Johnson
    • Thomas Bryant
    • Nick Zeisloft
    • Someone Else

Who do you guys think will be IU's most important player this season? You can look at this many different ways, so please explain why you pick who you do. NO BASHING of any sorts, let's leave negativity out of this thread. 

This is a poll, so mobile users need to do webview to see the poll so you can vote!

https://btownbanners.com/topic/8212-ius-most-important-player-this-season/

Troy. The energy and vibe he brings to the court is crucial to how we play on both ends. If we get out and run with him finishing off fastbreaks, we get into a rhythm, and the current version of Indiana basketball while in a rhythm keeps the Coach K's and Izzo's of the world awake at night.

I had a response ready for Jimbo as well. But Troy is more fun.

I went with Troy Williams, but almost went with TB or JBJ. To me, if Troy commits to the defensive side, cuts down turnovers, and continues to work on his shot, he will be the best player on the team. I would love to see an Oladipo type Soph to Junior jump for Troy. No reason for him not to be at least an All-Second Big10 Team selection if he makes a good jump.

It's a tough question the way it's worded. With the lack of post players, that will be key. Can Bielfeldt spell Thomas? Can Thomas compete and stay on the floor (i.e., no foul trouble, etc)? Those will be key. We're going to need Yogi to play smart and let his game come to him. We're going to need a hot hand with scoring - RJ, JBJ, Z3, etc are all going to have to step up. Hartman will continue to be rock solid, so...

I'm going to say Bryant. Yogi can be streaky at times, as can JBJ, but really, those are known quantities, by and large. We've seen Bryant in film and all star/AAU games, but what remains to be seen is how well he acclimates to the B1G.

I will go a little away from the norm and say Colin Hartman. I feel we played our best basketball last year with him on the floor. It seemed things really went down the hopper while he was out with injury. He may not be the best player or the best NBA prospect, but I give him the nod since he has the highest basketball IQ on the team.

Yogi. Our offense will go as he goes and he has to play great defense to give TB a chance at getting blocks. Getting the ball out of the other teams point guard can really mess an offense up. Yogi's offensive decisions will decide how deadly this offense can be. He needs to find the post early and often to give shooters the looks late.

Thomas Bryant, most of the pieces are returning from last year so without him we can't expect much of difference from this past season. These high expectations we have this year is mostly based on the fact that we have a REAL BIG down low. Him just being on the roster took us from a decent to a good team. Not to say that Juwan, OG or Max don't bring anything to the table, but Thomas brings a whole new level of talent. Next is definitely Yogi, can't see us winning many games if his nasty three's are going in.