Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

They said the same thing about jurkin and bawa!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

"They said same thing about Jurkin and Bawa" who a couple of crack smokers?? What did they ever do in an all star game.?? Answer....nothing. OG is an all around good player!

I understand hype and talking up a Freshman, but I have never liked putting expectations on freshman. You just never know

I'm talking about before they got here and OG is leaps and bounds ahead of the for mentioned.

A freshman with a weak upper body starting half our games.  Hhhmmm.....If I were the devil who came down from Georgia, I'd take your bet.

Edit : this was predictable.  We lose a few guys, and all of a sudden the other guys on the roster are inflated to levels they can't possibly achieve.   The fact is, this program is a complete mess.   It needs an overhaul, and the problems will not be fixed with players currently on the roster.

A freshman with a weak upper body starting half our games. Hhhmmm.....If I were the devil who came down from Georgia, I'd take your bet.

Edit : this was predictable. We lose a few guys, and all of a sudden the other guys on the roster are inflated to levels they can't possibly achieve. The fact is, this program is a complete mess. It needs an overhaul, and the problems will not be fixed with players currently on the roster.

Happen severy. Remember was jurkin was going to be a stud! The iu beat writer on the radio said og could use a redshirt year. I guess he doesnt know a diaper dandy when he sees onw!

bang

"They said same thing about Jurkin and Bawa" who a couple of crack smokers?? What did they ever do in an all star game.?? Answer....nothing. OG is an all around good player!

If he starts half the games i will give you my house. My guess he starts zero.

I saw OG at the Derby Fest Classic he is solid! He went up against other TOP recruits and did very well! Kid can play, obviously you have never saw him.

Good. The you disagree with me so you've obviously never seen player X play argument. I missed those....

GOD I love the "I'm right and you're wrong" arguments before we've even had a practice.   I also love how any player playing against other high school kids translates even a little bit to how he'd do in the Big Ten.   OG has strong legs and a very weak upper body.  He doesn't yet have quick range, meaning he has to have time to get his shot off.  He's not an accomplished defender yet.   Give the boy time.  Just because we lost Holt doesn't mean another kid has to step up and immediately replace every skill set we lost.  It just means we'll have to play with other kids and adapt.   Maybe he starts, maybe he doesn't.  I don't see it because I don't know who he replaces (Yogi, Johnson, Blackmon, Williams, Bryant..that seems like the 5 to me)

Now...adaptation does not fall into the realm of "Tom Crean's most marketable skills," but that's another discussion.   Stop relying on unproven freshmen to be the cure for all ills.  Let them grow into whatever they'll be.  Bryant has a weight on his shoulders, and a 5* kid who came here because someone told him he's a one and done like Vonleh can handle it.  A kid ranked below #100 doesn't need people thinking he's a starter because he has an athletic high school skill set.

OG-Wan Kenobi

That has to be an instant classic!    BUT, it could be taken 1 step further.  Should Curtis Jones decide to play for IU, we could put the following on the court:   OG-Juwan-CuJo-B   :biggrin: