Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Naturalhoosier

Emmitt Holt dismissed from team

Not talking about you personally with the "Perea shouldn't ever been in Bloomington again" comments. Others have said that.

And I get that mentality, but at the same time, it is never really that easy to break ties with people. I'm still pretty young, 22, so I guess I am looking at it from a younger perspective. I will say also I wasn't in the best group in high school, Dad certainly felt that way about some of them. It is way easier to talk about walking away from those groups than actually doing it. I've drifted away from them over time and maybe it was for the better. But still talk is easier than actually doing

I get what you are saying, but when you see the scenario repeat itself over and over, you'd think something would click. It's kind of like that saying about insanity - repeating your actions over and over, expecting different results.

Really?? Perea's lack of common sense gets him kicked off the team. Ok let's go hang with the dumb*** who got kicked off the team and do the dumb*** things that he did to get kicked off the team. We have some real brainiacs on this team. I don't know what's worse the action or fans trying to rationalize the action. Maybe it wouldn't be a big deal if it had not been happening for how many years now??

It is almost like HMP needs his own "visiting a common nuisance" law.

One other point. Did it not say, in one report, that Morgan was behind the wheel? If so, and seeing that he is under 21, could he not have been cited for illegal transportation of alcohol?

I suppose there may be a loophole if the key was not in the ignition, or if the vehicle belonged to the mysterious 5th person? I don't really know, but I am curious about that.

In Mike Miller's story in the HT this morning, it says that officers recognized HMP as being in the backseat with Holt and that Morgan was behind the wheel and Bryant also in the front seat. But it said that they didn't recognize the fifth "male passenger" in the vehicle.

In Mike Miller's story in the HT this morning, it says that officers recognized HMP as being in the backseat with Holt and that Morgan was behind the wheel and Bryant also in the front seat. But it said that they didn't recognize the fifth "male passenger" in the vehicle. 

wow Morgan is so lucky he didnt get in trouble.....

We have conflicting reports that the 5th person in the car was HMP's girl friend from Pap and Hutch citing Mike Miller's story that the officers didn't recognize the 5th male passenger. Guess we know why Hanner could never catch a pass; his eyesight is horrendous.

:laugh:

Maybe his girlfriend's name is "Butch"?

I'm a freshman at IU this year and I have an English class with one of Thomas Bryant's friends, and she told me he went out and partied just TWO DAYS after he got cited. I can't say whether he was actually drinking or not but it surprised me. Especially because I thought he would have better judgement than to put himself into an other risky situation so soon.

I'm a freshman at IU this year and I have an English class with one of Thomas Bryant's friends, and she told me he went out and partied just TWO DAYS after he got cited. I can't say whether he was actually drinking or not but it surprised me. Especially because I thought he would have better judgement than to put himself into an other risky situation so soon.

Well I am sure he thought there were no consequences... 2 days after being cited and nothing was known except that prior issues didn't mean much... I would be interested if he is still putting himself in those types of situations now that the hammer has come down....

Also young college people are going to party, I just hope he/the team is/are smarter about it... who with, where, when... etc!

uhhh i hope so but this team has displayed a pattern of repeat offenders....im hoping with the dismissal of holt he did though

also this is for everyone out there, you guys should download ITH newest podcast with Cody Zeller he goes into the the troubles of the current team and speaks about how when he was there the team was very smart about partying, even says he never drank lol...its worth a listen its only like 25 minutes long

I posted the podcast somewhere.