Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Naturalhoosier

Emmitt Holt dismissed from team

Mike Pegram @peegs

The gift that keeps on giving, Hanner Mosquera-Perea. In that car with Holt/Bryant & w/past law issues w/alcohol, draw your own conclusions

My conclusion is that Peegs just basically called HMP a new version of herpes.

So hanner was in the car with them?

Ooh, ooh... I wanna try!:
Hanner tried to grab the bottles, but he was horribly out of position, and did not rotate over in time.

All those deflections came in handy, he knew exactly how to deflect the blame onto the other guys.

I would say that with all the problems that the players have had that there is a lot we don't know about. I will guess that they don't get in trouble every time they go out and party so I would guess they are partying way more than they should be. This is what is most disturbing to me. How can you get better at basketball and be out doing stuff that you shouldn't be doing all the darn time. I understand I don't know this for fact but just use a bit of common sense and that is where it leads you.

I never said that he should not be in BTown. I questioned why he wasn't wherever E Tennessee is with his team. I understand that he's got to sit this season out, but it's still baffling.

Now, add to the equation that he was cited for DUI while playing bumper cars with the curbs on Btown city streets. He gets suspended. Later, he's caught smoking weed with Davis in a dorm room and gets the boot. Now he's back in BTown where we find him in the middle of a situation where 2 IU players are caught and cited for underage possession. He would just seem to me to be a guy that you avoid whenever possible. But then I'm an old fart (sorry, Class of '66) with a strongly held convictions, so what do I really know?

Not talking about you personally with the "Perea shouldn't ever been in Bloomington again" comments. Others have said that.

And I get that mentality, but at the same time, it is never really that easy to break ties with people. I'm still pretty young, 22, so I guess I am looking at it from a younger perspective. I will say also I wasn't in the best group in high school, Dad certainly felt that way about some of them. It is way easier to talk about walking away from those groups than actually doing it. I've drifted away from them over time and maybe it was for the better. But still talk is easier than actually doing

If HMP had just reached over and grabbed the two handles of vodka no one would have been cited and my guess is we wouldn't even still be talking about this story

second hand reliable source said Holt grabbed the bottle to protect Hanner..from being kicked off his current team and/or being deported