Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Naturalhoosier

Emmitt Holt dismissed from team

Perea should not have even been at IU at welcome week.

True dat. Rumors that I've seen/heard is that Hanner was in Btown and actually hanging with Yogi. I can't prove that was true, and not sure where I heard it... and I am not trying to toss Yogi under the bus... BUT IF this is true, we got bigger problems than we've realized.

True dat. Rumors that I've seen/heard is that Hanner was in Btown and actually hanging with Yogi. I can't prove that was true, and not sure where I heard it... and I am not trying to toss Yogi under the bus... BUT IF this is true, we got bigger problems than we've realized.

Hanner and Yogi are best friends. No breaking news there.

Morgan, per a Mike Miller tweet.

I am curious about this situation. The reports say 5 people in/at the car... and we now appear to know 4 of the 5: Perea, Holt, Morgan and Bryant. Who is the 5th (see what I did there?). We know Holt was underage, as was Bryant. Both were cited for underage possession. Morgan was born 4/17/97... so what was different about Morgan that caused him not to be cited? And again, who was the 5th person? Player? Age?

There still appears to be a few questions to sort out.

Hanner and Yogi are best friends. No breaking news there.

I get that... but dang, son. First of all Hanner was kicked for his behavior/transgressions. Next. shouldn't he be at E Tennessee doing whatever they to do to prepare for their basketball season? And has Yogi learned nothing in his 3 years in college? This crap just flat out baffles me beyond words.

I am curious about this situation. The reports say 5 people in/at the car... and we no appear to know 4 of the 5: Perea, Holt, Morgan and Bryant. Who is the 5th (see what I did there?). We know Holt was underage, as was Bryant. Both were cited for underage possession. Morgan was born 4/17/97... so what was different about Morgan that caused him not to be cited? And again, who was the 5th person? Player? Age?

There still appears to be a few questions to sort out.

Morgan wasn't in possession of alcohol so he wasn't cited for possession of alcohol.

At first glance it may seem like a big deal, but it really isn't.  Those guys are friends, were part of the same recruiting class and on the same AAU team. 

Now if they were both smoking weed or something, then that'd be a big deal.  But this is not a big deal.

Morgan wasn't in possession of alcohol so he wasn't cited for possession of alcohol.

Isn't there some silly Indiana law that if you're under 21 you can't be in a vehicle that is transporting alcohol? I think that's what he's referring to.

You go out and recruit these kids to come to IU. They are kids. Someone has to be responsible for them and that falls on the coach. One way or another, THE COACH! You make a commitment to them. You teach them how not to screw up. Emmitt from all accounts is a great kid. He would have played an instrumental role in our success this year. But now he is gone......Tossed under the bus because a coach has no control. Why don't other schools have the problem we have? Just answered it....Always going to be some but handle it inside, don't get rid of the kid. This is pathetic!!!

crean can't hold their hands but while these guys are kids they're adults too capable of making their own decisions and Holt had his chance after the Davis incident and he still chose to be in the car with perea of all the people he could have been with in Bloomington he was with him the blame can go on noone but Holt

Are people being serious with this "Perea shouldn't have been in Bloomington" stuff? Like serious? I kind of get the whole the current players shouldn't have been doing stuff with him. I think people aren't even really being the slightest realistic about it, these guys have been through a lot together. But I get it. The whole poisoning the young players comments gets to me too, again I understand where people are coming from, but still think people are trying to speak to his character without really knowing him.

Just saying the "Perea shouldn't have been in Bloomington" or "He shouldn't ever come back to Bloomington" comments are kind of ridiculously outdated in a line of thinking

I never said that he should not be in BTown. I questioned why he wasn't wherever E Tennessee is with his team. I understand that he's got to sit this season out, but it's still baffling.

Now, add to the equation that he was cited for DUI while playing bumper cars with the curbs on Btown city streets. He gets suspended. Later, he's caught smoking weed with Davis in a dorm room and gets the boot. Now he's back in BTown where we find him in the middle of a situation where 2 IU players are caught and cited for underage possession. He would just seem to me to be a guy that you avoid whenever possible. But then I'm an old fart (sorry, Class of '66) with a strongly held convictions, so what do I really know?

Isn't there some silly Indiana law that if you're under 21 you can't be in a vehicle that is transporting alcohol? I think that's what he's referring to.

Unless you're in the car with a parent/guardian. And "silly Indiana law" or not, it's on the books.

I never said that he should not be in BTown. I questioned why he wasn't wherever E Tennessee is with his team. I understand that he's got to sit this season out, but it's still baffling.

Now, add to the equation that he was cited for DUI while playing bumper cars with the curbs on Btown city streets. He gets suspended. Later, he's caught smoking weed with Davis in a dorm room and gets the boot. Now he's back in BTown where we find him in the middle of a situation where 2 IU players are caught and cited for underage possession. It would just seem to me to be a guy that you avoid whenever possible. But then I'm an old fart (sorry, Class of '66) with a strongly held convictions, so what do I really know?

You know more than you are giving yourself credit for ;)

Sure. They also have constructive possession. But, there has been absolutely nothing that ever indicated there was alcohol in the car.

Can't really hate on Yogi for hanging out with Hanner, they've been friends for a long time. You have to question the decision making of the two freshmen with little to no ties to HMP hanging out with him after he's already been kicked off the team though.

Can't really hate on Yogi for hanging out with Hanner, they've been friends for a long time. You have to question the decision making of the two freshmen with little to no ties to HMP hanging out with him after he's already been kicked off the team though.

Yes you can.  No reason for Yogi to be around Hanner near or on IU's campus.   None.   They can meet in Indy.  At a restaurant in Bloomington.   Anywhere but a place where they might be in a position which puts a player in jeopardy,   Agree with your comments about the freshmen, and it makes me question Yogi's leadership further.   But the players need to be smart about who they're with and where.  It's not like HMP has been a positive influence on.......um...anyone.