Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Naturalhoosier

Emmitt Holt dismissed from team

wow kind of shocked but it really had to be done.....i know other programs go through things like this but it just amazes how much this team gets in trouble all the time....oh well best of luck holt, people make mistakes in life you will figure it out

Honestly this had to be done in my opinion, can only deal with stupidity for so long.  As it relates to basketball, honestly, I may be the only one who thinks this, but it may help.  I really think with Max's physicality and experience he will give us more than Emmit would have this year.  If you watch last year Holt played well when he was only going to get 2-3 minutes run at a time, more than that he was exposed.  I like what Max could bring and let's face it, the 4 will be TW and Hartman, so playing Max at the 5 I think makes us better than playing Holt there, esp if needed for extended minutes.

It's not deserved for an incident as minor as it was, but this may have been the only way to get through to the team.

I'll admit, I'm actually impressed by Crean for a change.  I fully expected a light tap on the wrist, and then plenty of ice to put on it.I

It was clearly the straw the broke the camel's back. And in this case, I don't think Crean had much choice. Especially after his comments that he wished that he'd cut Hanner loose after the DUI incident.

Team chemistry is gonna suffer for this, I'm not saying it wasn't the right move just we lost some of the teams heart today.

I doubt he was the teams heart. He joined late last offseason and people said his addition was going to negatively affect team chemistry. He was part of the "heart" of a major issue last year and now had one of the freshman out doing the same thing. If he was a major part of team chemistry, its not a team chemistry we need as a team. Right now the culture of this team is crazy so weeding out these players that continually screw up will only help in the long run

I am honestly glad we are starting to. This one sucks from a basketball standpoint, but the arrests aren't Indiana basketball.

Agreed. It's overly harsh but the legal incidents were becoming a runaway train because of being soft on players before. He didn't deserve it but this may have been the only way to keep that train from gaining too much speed and derailing.

That's been my stance since this became public, it's not a deserved punishment bit going overly strict now might be the only way to get the message across.

So we all see it had to be done and it's been coming, just now that it's here the situation stings pretty bad. Holt was likable and talented sucks to lose someone for boneheaded mistakes and a program's grasp to regain relevancy and stature in the publics eye. Gonna miss holt and gonna wait for how this season plays out now hoping the players bond and don't become disheartened.

Very unfortunate that this had to pan out this way. First incident was pretty much Devin's fault, and now he gets caught with a bottle of vodka and he's off the team. I agree that this probably had to be done but damn I was really looking for him to break out this year. Oh well, better put on your big boy shoes, Thomas!

I doubt he was the teams heart. He joined late last offseason and people said his addition was going to negatively affect team chemistry. He was part of the "heart" of a major issue last year and now had one of the freshman out doing the same thing. If he was a major part of team chemistry, its not a team chemistry we need as a team. Right now the culture of this team is crazy so weeding out these players that continually screw up will only help in the long run

I Agee I meant losing team heart as in the team is losing a piece of itself never easy when it's a likable guy like Holt, but something had to be done

I honestly don't think anything will change until a change is made at the top. That's about all I can say on the subject.

That's the only way we'll get the on court results we want, but that's a different conversation. I'm not convinced this wasn't too late but that's wait and see.