Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Naturalhoosier

Emmitt Holt dismissed from team

We got Max in the offseason to give minutes down low.

Yea but that's a severe drop off from Holt coming in to give minutes. Heck people were talking about starting Holt. I just don't think this was the right decision but that's just my opinion.

I'm done with IU basketball. Not until the coach and the AD is gone. The coach hasn't received a single lick of punishment for a single issue. I'm done. This was the final straw for me. It's been real fellas.

Wow. I tend to agree that both Glass and Crean walked away clean again. That is the most annoying part of it all. I am sorry to see this happen to Holt, but in all honesty, he did this to himself.

Sounds like McRobbie's voice was finally heard at the players' level... just wish that it would also have gone a bit higher up the ladder.

It's going to be an interesting season now...

Yea but that's a severe drop off from Holt coming in to give minutes. Heck people were talking about starting Holt. I just don't think this was the right decision but that's just my opinion.

I can understand that, but I think if anything they were essentially going to be the same player this year.  Emmitt was never a Crean type of player for whatever reason.  He was always getting on him in public and in private.  Emmitt played great in his short time on the floor.  Crean just saw him as a banger which isn't sexy to him. 

Wow. I tend to agree that both Glass and Crean walked away clean again. That is the most annoying part of it all. I am sorry to see this happen to Holt, but in all honesty, he did this to himself.

Sounds like McRobbie's voice was finally heard at the players' level... just wish that it would also have gone a bit higher up the ladder.

It's going to be an interesting season now...

Not sure I follow how McRobbie's voice was being heard at the players' level?  The players didn't get rid of Holt.  We will see how much the team learns from this dismissal. 

I'm done with IU basketball. Not until the coach and the AD is gone. The coach hasn't received a single lick of punishment for a single issue. I'm done. This was the final straw for me. It's been real fellas.

We don't know what has transpired between McRobbie and Glass and between Glass and Crean.  I can't believe that CTC has escaped this latest incident without some personal repurcussions but I also wouldn't expect that to become public information. 

What was Crean supposed to do? He isn't the parent, he can't be with them all 24 hours a day. I don't get how anyone puts stupid college kid mistakes on the coach.

The knock on Crean is that the "discipline" meted out in previous transgressions amounted to sitting out the exhibition games. And while Crean did not get punished in the truest sense of the word, he will have to deal with only a freshman at the 5 position... and probably be haunted terribly by an open scholarship.