Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

chicagoHOOSIER

Lindy's Sports IU Preseason #4

If that's your take, then don't read or comment on preseason rankings. We return a lot of starters who can't guard anyone. 

Who is going to step up on defense this year?

Troy has the talent to take over games on defense the way Oladipo used to.

Do you think there is a chance he will live up to that hope?

I think that is the key to IU being a contender or a pretender this year.

If that's your take, then don't read or comment on preseason rankings. We return a lot of starters who can't guard anyone. 

I'm not allowed to read or comment because I offered an opinion?  Lol

I'm not allowed to read or comment because I offered an opinion?  Lol

If your stance is "nobody has proven anything, therefore preseason rankings mean nothing" then, yes, please don't read about or comment on preseason rankings. It's like a news article where someone takes the time to comment "Why is this a story?" If you don't think it's newsworthy, don't read it. 

Who is going to step up on defense this year?

Troy has the talent to take over games on defense the way Oladipo used to.

Do you think there is a chance he will live up to that hope?

I think that is the key to IU being a contender or a pretender this year.

I think it's possible for someone as athletic as Troy to become a lock-down defender. Hopefully Bryant will be the inside presence we need but I don't know if we can count on a freshman to play effective defense in the BIG.

Even if Troy makes that leap, our guards last year were swinging doors. It's going to take more than one guy to step up defensively.

With no games by anybody yet, nobody's proven anything.  

You misread me.  I didn't imply that preseason ranking mean nothing

Then what is the point exactly of saying nobody has proven anything? Of course no games have been played. That's why they're called PRESEASON rankings.

I'm not trying to say that are guards are good defensively whatsoever but a lack of inside presence last year to me makes their struggles look Huge compared to what they actually were. Just IMO

I think it's possible for someone as athletic as Troy to become a lock-down defender. Hopefully Bryant will be the inside presence we need but I don't know if we can count on a freshman to play effective defense in the BIG.

Even if Troy makes that leap, our guards last year were swinging doors. It's going to take more than one guy to step up defensively.

I agree.  Our defense has been terrible for years now.  That is my greatest complaint of the Crean era.

That is the key.  Can we dominate on defense.

The big games we won with Zeller and Oladipo turned on big plays on defense.