Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Magnanimous

OT: Derrick Rose

Let's let the facts come to the surface before we start bashing the dude. This is my biggest pet peeve with society nowadays. We treat every case like this as "guilty until proven innocent."

Welcome to the court of public opinion. You are guilty until proven innocent and any facts saying you're innocent may be considered irrelevant.

Sounds like a bitter ex-girl with an ax to grind to me. The worst thing about allegations like this is that no matter how innocent a person might be, the label sticks with them for the rest of their life.

Wow, lots of victim blaming on this forum. I did not expect to read something like that. The number of false rape allegations is miniscule compared to actual rapes. Is it so hard to believe that a big name athlete feels entitled to whatever he wants from a woman? 

Chicago's star basketball player and hockey player are now being investigated for sexual assault.  Rose has a history with lack of ethics, but Kane surprises me.

Kane shouldn't surprise you in the least if you've heard anything about his behavior at Chicago bars.

Kane shouldn't surprise you in the least if you've heard anything about his behavior at Chicago bars.

Oh I know he's a lush, but a lot of people are.  I don't know of any other questionable ethics out of him like Rose.  I guess now I do

Wow, lots of victim blaming on this forum. I did not expect to read something like that. The number of false rape allegations is miniscule compared to actual rapes. Is it so hard to believe that a big name athlete feels entitled to whatever he wants from a woman?

Is it so hard to believe that a girl gets upset that her NBA boyfriend cuts her off, makes up a story for hush money, and comes forward with it once he doesn't pay up? Rose and his friends were really that determined that they broke into her house to do it? Cmon now. Instead of filing a criminal case she waits two years and then files a case in civil court, where she can get right to the money? Seems pretty suspect to me.

Is it so hard to believe that a girl gets upset that her NBA boyfriend cuts her off, makes up a story for hush money, and comes forward with it once he doesn't pay up? Rose and his friends were really that determined that they broke into her house to do it? Cmon now. Instead of filing a criminal case she waits two years and then files a case in civil court, where she can get right to the money? Seems pretty suspect to me.

what he just said is that the odds unfortunately lie in favor of the fact that rose did commit this act. Usually, not targeting you, but usually anyone with intelligence will keep their opinion to themselves until all facts have come to light during a rape case.

Also, Patrick Kane has a history of sexual and violent assault. No one should be surprised by the current allegations.