Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

ESPN's Updated Class of '16 Rankings

You have something that says this is used? I've never heard that "fit" is a consideration, nor why a recruiting service would have a reliable means for evaluation fit by team.

ESPN used to from what I knew. Unless they changed it to fit their SEC/ACC love affair. And that wouldn't surprise me a darned bit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BtownBanners mobile app

4 minutes ago, X-Hoosier said:

ESPN used to from what I knew. Unless they changed it to fit their SEC/ACC love affair. And that wouldn't surprise me a darned bit.

Here's the only information I could find regarding ESPN's rating of basketball recruits

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/basketball/mens/news/story?id=2639514

I don't believe "fit" is factored in in any manner. 

I like our class but if we want to be Elite, we should draw atleast one burger boy each year. Don't get me wrong, I like the underated, underrecruited kids like OG and Oladipo. However, I wouldn't trade the Yogi's, Thomas Bryant ' s and Zeller's for nobody. All burger boys who are key pieces to IU and Elite awesomeness.

5 hours ago, hoosierpap said:

I do think you could make a very strong case that 3 out of the 4 are underrated. Thus, the class may be better than it's ranking. Class rankings are kinda stupid anyways because who really cares? I mean, I get it but it's more about how that class fits with your current roster because that's the impact point.    

Just to underline your point, Ohio State's 2015 class was rated by 247 as the fifth-best, and Indiana's the 29th-best, and we all know how that turned out.

Just to underline your point, Ohio State's 2015 class was rated by 247 as the fifth-best, and Indiana's the 29th-best, and we all know how that turned out.

Ohio State was also one of the youngest teams in the Big Ten.

Make a bold statement and then back off it... Where have I seen this before? Why would a recruiting service take fit into class rankings...?

I like how this class potentially fits with the returning group. I do wish we would have picked up a stud pg instead of adding a boatload of combo guards.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Make a bold statement and then back off it... Where have I seen this before? Why would a recruiting service take fit into class rankings...?

I like how this class potentially fits with the returning group. I do wish we would have picked up a stud pg instead of adding a boatload of combo guards.

Well when Crean falls in love with something he holds on. Look at all the bad big men projects he has recruited. Trying to turn Hollowell into Watford. Williams into Oladipo... So now we'll have multiple combo guards but no true PG. Itll be an interesting year in the backcourt... Gonzaga like?

20 minutes ago, X-Hoosier said:

Well when Crean falls in love with something he holds on. Look at all the bad big men projects he has recruited. Trying to turn Hollowell into Watford. Williams into Oladipo... So now we'll have multiple combo guards but no true PG. Itll be an interesting year in the backcourt... Gonzaga like?

Really has nothing to do with the fact that "fit" isn't a consideration in class rankings.

Every time I get on here I see this guy bashing something or making unnecessarily bold statements

What about it is bold? He tried playing Troy just like he did Oladipo and Hollowell like Watford. He is always trying to find a "diamond in the rough." It is just a thing he does. He is always trying to repeat what he's done instead of adjusting to what he actually has. Nothing bold about a fact.

17 minutes ago, X-Hoosier said:

What about it is bold? He tried playing Troy just like he did Oladipo and Hollowell like Watford. He is always trying to find a "diamond in the rough." It is just a thing he does. He is always trying to repeat what he's done instead of adjusting to what he actually has. Nothing bold about a fact.

You have one of the stranger agendas but, at the very least, it's unique.

I think there is some truth here. Human Nature. I think he is still developing his high major coaching identity.

He definitely recruits guys to play his systems.

Multiple ball handlers. Switch everything. Stretch 4's. Court running 5's.

The "Diamond in the rough" thing is intriguing. I don't know how much of this is due recruiting difficulties or just a personality trait. Seems to be a thing for him more than other blue bloods.

Not every coach is Calipari. They need to find players who aren't 5 stars. Hollowell was a top 100 recruit, he wasn't a diamond in the rough. He didn't have the right mindset or the confidence to play at Indiana. It's also bold to show enormous amounts of Kentucky love on an IU board.