Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

swatford

Thomas Bryant and Emmitt Holt cited for illegal alcohol posession

I'm not the judge, jury, executioner but that was a start... Way too late for both of them... If each player gets 10 chances then that is not REAL consequences... I'm not saying kick these 2 off the team... But I'm also not mad if they are both gone... What does 0 tolerance really mean... Consequences for the whole team, guilty players, innocent players, coaching staff, program...

Be careful what you ask for! These are the 2 with size on the team. I agree, some form of punishment is due, but to throw them off the team is excess. They broke the law, let the court due their job and then punish with suspensions.

I don't think anyone's mad about the drinking, they're mad about the pattern.

I know the football players usually party pretty isolated amongst themselves. Does the basketball team not do their own thing as well? It doesn't make sense for high profile people to be in situations like that around random people they don't know/trust. The football team does the same stuff the basketball team does but are more guarded about it so they get far less trouble.

That said I hope Holt isn't shown the door because I think he can really help the team and is a good person. Drinking offenses won't change that.

The larger picture this paints is the problem with our culture. Know why we probably miss on a lot of guys? They're probably serious about getting better at basketball and want to go to a place where they'll work hard and reach their potential. A lot of IUs recruiting appeal is in its party atmosphere, but there's no balance or "work hard play hard" attitude in the basketball team. I'm curious what the UK bball players arrest records look like

Mrs Bryant's fears may prove true

I know the football players usually party pretty isolated amongst themselves. Does the basketball team not do their own thing as well?

In my experiences, no, they don't do their own thing.

Be careful what you ask for! These are the 2 with size on the team. I agree, some form of punishment is due, but to throw them off the team is excess. They broke the law, let the court due their job and then punish with suspensions.

I understand that, I also understand this is a fairly minor issue... But it's a pattern and I'm so tired of that being the only news... Immediately on UofL talk radio, UK & UofL fans all over it... Winning cures a lot but it's almost time to sacrifice winning to fix the BROKEN culture... I don't care if they drink, smoke, or party however... Surround yourself with better people, don't be stupid, don't get caught/arrested/cited... Don't make the news!!! Pretty simple... I do dumb shit all the time, stuff that would get me in trouble if caught... I mean do they even feel it's wrong? And if so why not hide it better?

I looked down at the date on my computer to see is it's April 1st and it's not.  Seriously I spent 4 years on that campus partying my ass off and never got in trouble.  Are the guys out in the middle of the street doing beer bongs or what? 

Same here - and we used to actually do beer bongs in front of our sophomore/junior year house as 19-20 year olds. Still nothing. 

I don't care if its a minor offense, they broke the LAW and this is Holts 2nd offense. In order to set a standard for the team, he needs to go. I just don't see how these guys think they can get away with doing illegal things when they are the biggest things on campus. Too much ego. Crean needs to crack down, or he needs to be gone

Momma Bryant is not gonna be happy to hear about this

I don't give two flying figs what "Momma Bryant" thinks about this... this is pure and simple BS. One would have thought that Holt learned a valuable lesson last year with the Devin Davis disaster. It's time for somebody at IU to clean house - from the AD to the coach to the players. There is NO excuse for this... and don't even try to dismiss it as "young, college kids...".

I am pissed at this news.

Lol.. It's just laughable anymore

No it's not laughable. It's tragic. And somebody above the players' grade needs to be held accountable (read FIRED). Fred and Tom, I am looking at YOU both.

So damn dumb. Just be smart about your drinking!!! It's not that freaking hard. I drank a TON at IU before 21, never even had a scare because I realized I wasn't invincible. So stupid

I absolutely agree with you. They need to be much smarter! Find a small house party with friends or something. Out in public..the big difference is that we blend in and they don't. They're the tallest and biggest guys in every room. EASY targets for the excise cops to bust, which happened here. Really unfortunate!