Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

swatford

Thomas Bryant and Emmitt Holt cited for illegal alcohol posession

That's the first thing that popped in my head when I saw that. I like the idea he's working the team to the ground after this but is it worth the risk of Newkirks Knee? Fwiw they may have more info on his health than we do.

Or Kravitz is blowing a bunch of smoke for Crean.

newkirk is running gassers on a gimpy knee?? 2 months away from being cleared for practice I thought. Micro fracture is an impact injury. Not sure my thoughts here.

I really wouldn't worry about this. We know next-to-nothing about Newkirk and his condition. The folks in Cook do.

Just saw that Bob Kravitz is reporting that neither player owned the alcohol.

This seems like a fairly easy couple of cases to get tossed.

In minor cases like this, sometimes it is very easy to get the state to expend a ridiculous amount of effort, money, resources on something so meaningless that they finally just drop it because they really only have a limited amount of time, money, etc.

File a bunch of motions, subpoenas, continuances, recesses aimed at causing the other side to spend time, money, manpower, etc.  Create a mountain of paperwork every public official involved in the case must read.  Create as much doubt as possible.  Make those excise cops show up to as many hearings as possible.  If busted at night, schedule a day hearing first.  If they don't show, ask for dismissal because you have the right to cross examination.  If they show, ask for a continuance and schedule for a different time of day.  Claim class schedule for reason for night court continuance.  If busted during the day, schedule a late hearing.  Make them work too hard over this meaningless offense.  Make them cave.

Play to win.

I may not like his in game decisions but I'm willing to believe that report. But I understand where you're coming from on Crean and his punishments in the past.

Believe whatever you have to believe to get yourself through the day... not sure I'm buying... even though it would be the 2nd best action, IMO.

I realize he's the USC head football coach, but if Glass should dump CTC, Steve Sarkisian would fit right in our basketball program.  Just a thought!  :laugh:

Indeed. He could get himself all lit up and go off on Purdue, Illinois, Kentucky and Syracuse, to name a few.

This seems like a fairly easy couple of cases to get tossed.

In minor cases like this, sometimes it is very easy to get the state to expend a ridiculous amount of effort, money, resources on something so meaningless that they finally just drop it because they really only have a limited amount of time, money, etc.

File a bunch of motions, subpoenas, continuances, recesses aimed at causing the other side to spend time, money, manpower, etc. Create a mountain of paperwork every public official involved in the case must read. Create as much doubt as possible. Make those excise cops show up to as many hearings as possible. If busted at night, schedule a day hearing first. If they don't show, ask for dismissal because you have the right to cross examination. If they show, ask for a continuance and schedule for a different time of day. Claim class schedule for reason for night court continuance. If busted during the day, schedule a late hearing. Make them work too hard over this meaningless offense. Make them cave.

Play to win.

The legal consequences are basically nothing. It's not worth the time and money to fight it. It's the public perception that's the problem, and there's no going back from that right now. Plea and get it over with legally.