Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

swatford

Thomas Bryant and Emmitt Holt cited for illegal alcohol posession

And that's just sad. Enough is enough. Both with Glass and with Crean. I don't care if this offense is as minor as minor gets. It's now a pattern, and there's no reason for Tom Crean to be the coach anymore. He doesn't win, he can't control his kids, his roster's a turn style...full of very dumb players, apparently. . Enough is enough.

Glass will not crean Crean unless a major rules violation happens. Glass is the ultimate reason IU has lost control. These players don't fear any consequences from coach or AD.

Teenagers will drink, most of us did. It just looks like the police are gunning for these kids.

Nope, the cops are doing what they're paid to do. The players are being stupid in how they go about it.

If they don't like it they have two choices: stop breaking the law or get smart.

I'd need to know more about the zero tolerance policy. I remember it being mentioned last fall after the Davis incident and Williams/Robinson suspensions. But, was that an indefinite zero tolerance policy? Was it just in effect until the end of last season? I can't imagine there is an indefinite zero tolerance policy? If there was, then you need to kick Bryant out of school too, which would be an extreme overreaction.

Zero tolerance got Bobby Knight the door

Sayeth Kravitz:

"This is what you do in the short term, what he’s been doing since he returned from California a few days back and heard about the excise bust of his two players: He’s run them. He’s worked them. He’s punished them. Not just Holt and Bryant, mind you. He’s got the entire team in Cook Hall, including the newly-added transfer, Josh Newkirk, who showed up and learned that he had to run gassers as part of two players’ punishments."

newkirk is running gassers on a gimpy knee?? 2 months away from being cleared for practice I thought. Micro fracture is an impact injury. Not sure my thoughts here.

newkirk is running gassers on a gimpy knee?? 2 months away from being cleared for practice I thought. Micro fracture is an impact injury. Not sure my thoughts here.

That's the first thing that popped in my head when I saw that. I like the idea he's working the team to the ground after this but is it worth the risk of Newkirks Knee? Fwiw they may have more info on his health than we do.