Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

swatford

Thomas Bryant and Emmitt Holt cited for illegal alcohol posession

And that's just sad. Enough is enough. Both with Glass and with Crean. I don't care if this offense is as minor as minor gets. It's now a pattern, and there's no reason for Tom Crean to be the coach anymore. He doesn't win, he can't control his kids, his roster's a turn style...full of very dumb players, apparently. . Enough is enough.

I agree. There are simply too many people who are too dumb/lax/uncaring/incompetent to even be associated with this program.

I've been a fan of IU since I was a little kid and Branch was here, but I'm just about to say "Someone call and let me know when ALL these people are gone." I'm not sure they deserve my support any longer. It just wears a person out.

This is me admittedly stretching things and moving into speculation, but there were two people cited and three others in the car. One could assume those other three weren't cited because they weren't minors. Anyone completely convinced that there were only two IU basketball players in that car?

Good question

The whole thing seems fishy five people in the car only two cited

Only two that we know of, or only two that made the news. At this point, I'm not sure we really know what might happen with the others.

This latest incident just adds to the Tom Crean saga at IU. His legacy, and like Hep's Rock, it's already etched in stone, is a program rife with substance abuse. This will have but one outcome. Indeed, we are witnessing the slowest, drawn-out firing of a coach in NCAA history. We just don't know which player and what transgression will ultimately finish him off.

[quote name="Tom White" post="187853" timestamp="1440507850"]

Only two that we know of, or only two that made the news. At this point, I'm not sure we really know what might happen with the others.[/quote
No was said in police report only two charged]

I don't understand how none of the other three weren't cited. something smells fishy about this.

Neither do I. A girl i know was cited for driving with a case of beer and her 21 year old boyfriend in the car. It makes no sense that only Holt and Bryant, two passengers, and not the driver got in trouble.

"Hide the booze dude, we might get a 2 game suspension and 10 down and backs" - Bryant.

Amend that slightly to include the fact that since we're in the off-season, it would likely be a 2 game suspension from the preseason exhibition games.

Neither do I. A girl i know was cited for driving with a case of beer and her 21 year old boyfriend in the car. It makes no sense that only Holt and Bryant, two passengers, and not the driver got in trouble.

If they were in a parking lot, no one was "driving." If the others in the car weren't minors, they wouldn't be cited for minor possession.