Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

swatford

Thomas Bryant and Emmitt Holt cited for illegal alcohol posession

Bc old IU didnt have players out drinking excessively under Knight. Again, laughable. Delusions.

No, but you can bet your last dollar when Knight told them to knock it off and not get caught again, they paid attention.

It's flat out stupid to repeatedly bring this kind of negative attention to themselves and the program.

Sent from my mobile device via Tapatalk 3.2.1.

I never said it was intentional or his fault. All I said was he hit Davis with a car and he did. It was Davis's fault, he ran out in front, but Holt did hit him with the car.

i don't think you're getting what I'm saying. If you'd like a pm, more than welcome to do that for you

d3b2217d96fafc87f4558b19f27cc82d.jpg
Thomas might want to read this.

I've got to be honest, you can be a good person, one who might even be worthy of our praise and acceptance as the all knowing and moral Indiana basketball fans, and drink underage and make a dumb decision. It's very hard for me to make judgements of character on kids I don't know because they were doing the same thing that many, many individual have done before them, especially when these are not acts of malice or ill will. These are simply acts of immaturity, and mistakes are part of the maturing process.

I've got to be honest, you can be a good person, one who might even be worthy of our praise and acceptance as the all knowing and moral Indiana basketball fans, and drink underage and make a dumb decision. It's very hard for me to make judgements of character on kids I don't know because they were doing the same thing that many, many individual have done before them, especially when these are not acts of malice or ill will. These are simply acts of immaturity, and mistakes are part of the maturing process.

This is very naïve. By itself u have a point, but with IUs recent controversies, you would think they would care enough to not cause more trouble for their coach.
I don't think anything or should happen as well, but don't make it sound so simplistic .

in Bryant's case, agreed. Kids do dumb stuff. Holt, on the other hand, should know better. He was here for a lot of problems on this team, and I'm not saying he caused them, but he definitely saw them. If you are guilty by association on the team, then you are guilty. Being in a car with 3 other people downtown with a bottle of vodka wasn't a good idea. Even on welcome week. They have to know better. They have to do better. Those should be the requirements to put on that uniform. That uniform should mean more to them than that. And it's constantly obvious that it does not. That's my problem with it. If the coach and ad can't keep the players under control, then why are they here? Just my two cents. Everybody can disagree if they want. In my opinion, there are very hard working players that may not be 5 stars, but would do almost anything to put on that uniform. I think these kids need to be told that. Or shown the door.

Perhaps you are correct. But there is also the strong possibility that these are a bunch of kids who refuse to learn from their own mistakes, and those of their teammates. It's the height of entitlement and selfishness to lay down what bit of good judgment they may have for the instant gratification of getting high, and of breaking the law to "be cool" at the expense of their honor and integrity.

In my view, this can be summed up simply this way: Repeated failure to understand and anticipate that "this will not end well" has been played out by multiple instances of similar or worse nature. The less than exemplary outcome speaks volumes about either their willingness or their ability to learn.