Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

swatford

Thomas Bryant and Emmitt Holt cited for illegal alcohol posession

If they were in a parking lot, no one was "driving." If the others in the car weren't minors, they wouldn't be cited for minor possession.

But if the other three weren't minors couldn't they just claim the alcohol as theirs since they're legal and keep the other two out of trouble? Idk the law on that, just trying to make sense of the situation.

But if the other three weren't minors couldn't they just claim the alcohol as theirs since they're legal and keep the other two out of trouble? Idk the law on that, just trying to make sense of the situation.

The police saw Bryant & Holt in possession of the bottles... At that point there are 2 options according to the law... 1.) They get cited for underage possession 2.) Of age people claim it to be there alcohol and they get cited at that point for furnishing alcohol to minors (and still #1 occurs)

Doesn't matter who "owned" it, when the cops showed up Holt and Bryant possessed it.

Last year, it was Holt, as a freshman, getting caught. This year, it's Bryant. Sure doesn't take them long to adapt to the culture of IU BBall, does it? The team's had six drug- or alcohol-related offenses since 2014. Meanwhile, Kentucky has been to four Final Fours in five years. It makes me sick.

I agree. There are simply too many people who are too dumb/lax/uncaring/incompetent to even be associated with this program.

I've been a fan of IU since I was a little kid and Branch was here, but I'm just about to say "Someone call and let me know when ALL these people are gone." I'm not sure they deserve my support any longer. It just wears a person out.

Pretty much where I'm at. I just laugh and shake my head anymore.

Doesn't matter who "owned" it, when the cops showed up Holt and Bryant possessed it.

Last year, it was Holt, as a freshman, getting caught. This year, it's Bryant. Sure doesn't take them long to adapt to the culture of IU BBall, does it? The team's had six drug- or alcohol-related offenses since 2014. Meanwhile, Kentucky has been to four Final Fours in five years. It makes me sick.

OUCH!

I hope the whole world is listening to Dakich this afternoon.    He's dead on it.

Indiana is a mess

Too much talking

No control

Way too soft on punishments early in this process

Schedule too soft made Crean a hero to some who just wanted wins

Culture is bad and getting worse

Kids and coaches don't understand where they are

Dumb kids drink when cops are around and excise cops are everywhere at IU the first week.  "The stupidity is stunning."

etc.

LOVE it.