Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

swatford

Thomas Bryant and Emmitt Holt cited for illegal alcohol posession

I am not as disappointed in guys having an unopened bottle of vodka in college during Welcome Week than I was with everything that happened last year.

Last year, guys were getting so wasted they were jumping out in front of traffic and their teammates were running over their heads, and other guys on the team were speeding the wrong way down one way streets at oncoming traffic at blackout level buzz.

This is not even close to a 'throw them off the team and fire crean and glass' level offense imo.

It's college.

Suspensions should happen. At some point the finger has to point to the head coach. This isn't a fire Crean offense but the timer is winding down on his time at IU. His buyout is manageable and if we wait till next July it's $4 million (I think). Crean better reign these guys in, win, and start landing some top talent or he will be gone sooner rather than later.

I am not as disappointed in guys having an unopened bottle of vodka in college during Welcome Week than I was with everything that happened last year.

Last year, guys were getting so wasted they were jumping out in front of traffic and their teammates were running them over, and other guys on the team were speeding the wrong way down one way streets at oncoming traffic at blackout level buzz.

This is not even close to a 'throw them off the team and fire crean and glass' level offense imo.

It's college.

I know kids are going to drink but come on man!! Be smart!! Whith everything that has happened the last couple years?? Why are we still this stupid??

Last year, guys were getting so wasted they were jumping out in front of traffic and their teammates were running over their heads, and other guys on the team were speeding the wrong way down one way streets at oncoming traffic at blackout level buzz.

It's college.

And what exactly do you think they were going to do with the unopened bottles of vodka??? Sell them to raise money for the needy???

Let's not give them too much credit. Getting arrested before you have the chance to do anything stupid with the alcohol you're already illegally in possession of doesn't mean you've seen the error of your ways.

It's college.

Yea, I mean they probably weren't gonna drink that vodka anyway.  No harm no foul, right?