Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sam_Boger

PITT Transfer Josh Newkirk is headed to IU!

Whatever you do, do not go back and read this thread.

If Newkirk plays even remotely well, as his practice and HH performances are hinting towards, we may put crows on the endangered species list trying to feed this board.

I went back and read it. Hard to really discuss it. At that point he was being compared to guys like Rawle Alkins and other 5 stars we might have been targeting.

If that's the case we have to extend this discussion forward versus other potential 5 star recruits we didn't get.

I always liked the idea of roster balance here. I was mostly worried about injury concerns and remain worried about injury concerns with our group.

It's all about context and timing. Not a simple 1 to 1.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

On 8/24/2015 at 0:01 PM, Stuhoo said:

In the meantime, the 16-17 roster seems to be spotty.

Only if you crystal ball gaze and assume the worst.  My (I think) realistic expectations for the '16/'17 rotation?

Center: Bryant, backed up by DeRon Davis and Emmitt Holt, Maker as a pipe dream.

PF:  Holt, DeRon Davis, Juwan Morgan, Leaf/Bridges as a pipe dream.

SF: Hartman, OG, freshman 4 star (Jenkins, Stevens, Leaf/Bridges as a pipe dream)

Guards: Rojo, JBJ, Newkirk, one more four star-ish addition.

Assuming normal player development, that seems like an excellent talent/experience level mix. Certainly as good as our B1G competition's talent level and experience. Absolutely a top 25 roster at a minimum!

If the coaching is good enough, we are fine and then some. If the coaching is good enough.

I'm gonna quote/defend myself, because if Emmitt Holt had stayed away from booze-related troubles, I had nine rotation players pegged (I never imagined that Flyin' Freddie or Devonte existed)!