Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sam_Boger

PITT Transfer Josh Newkirk is headed to IU!

What makes the addition all the more important is the extra year. With him sitting out a year he will have plenty of time to heal his knee and improve his jumpshot. Yogi Ferrell will take him under his wing and tutor him on getting others involved and etc. He never will be Yogi but he is the suitable replacement people have been asking for.

His sophomore year looks a lot like yogis freshman year, but less assists because Yogi was passing to a team full of badasses

I don't think Top 20 every year should cut it. There needs to be a solid Final Four shot every 3-5 years. Top 20 means very little. 

isn't that what we have? Crean's 4th year, a legitimate final four threat and this year, expected to be a team that could make noise?

isn't that what we have? Crean's 4th year, a legitimate final four threat and this year, expected to be a team that could make noise?

No, this is Crean's 8th year, never gotten passed the sweet16 and certainly has not been a consistent top 20 team. Can't just be a threat but never fulfill it

His sophomore year looks a lot like yogis freshman year, but less assists because Yogi was passing to a team full of badasses

That Comparison makes a lot of sense,Yogi shot around 30% his freshmen year from behind the arc too.

No, this is Crean's 8th year, never gotten passed the sweet16 and certainly has not been a consistent top 20 team. Can't just be a threat but never fulfill it

except that what the person who I quoted said "Threat".

#1 for more weeks than anyone else sure sounds like a threat to win.

It's not over yet. Still plenty of big names on the board. Getting beat out by Michigan State doesn't concern me much, and Penn St. is a program on the rise who were helped out by the fact that this guy is in-state.

Oh? There are plenty of big names on the board... that we're favored to get?

Oh? There are plenty of big names on the board... that we're favored to get?

Davis, Alkins, Maker, Kegler are all top 30 guys that we're still in the hunt for. I personally have my doubts about Maker (sorry ALASKA) and Alkins, but last I heard neither are in any hurry to make a decision, and if this team has a strong season anything can happen. Not to mention 4 star guys like Brown, Fisher, and CuJo. A lot can change in the next several months, no need to panic quite yet.

Davis, Alkins, Maker, Kegler are all top 30 guys that we're still in the hunt for. I personally have my doubts about Maker (sorry ALASKA) and Alkins, but last I heard neither are in any hurry to make a decision, and if this team has a strong season anything can happen. Not to mention 4 star guys like Brown, Fisher, and CuJo. A lot can change in the next several months, no need to panic quite yet.

need to round out this class with Kegler and Davis now that we added Cujo. Gelon, Newkirk, Jones, Davis and Kegler wouldn't be the dream class we were all hoping for but it would be solid and a good foundation for the next few years.

That class is a possibility and I wouldn't be upset with it