Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

darkwingj

What are your expectations for the 2015-16 season?

Mine isn't quite as lofty as IndyHutch's (of course he didn't say what banner... Conference, 2nd Round, Sweet 16,  Elite 8 Final 4???)...   My expectation is to win the B1G, and be in the running for a National Championship.

Top 3 in B1G, top 4 seed in tourney, and at least E8. Honestly the only negative thing about this team is the coach! We've got great ball handlers, shooters, a strong inside game, and depth on a veteran team. If we fall short it's on Crean. This is his year to prove everybody wrong. I hope he does!

I expect us to come out of the gates HARD and win a bunch of games. Get a top 5 rating and the hype will be through the roof.

I expect us to struggle in February and March like Crean teams seem to always do. I expect us to get excited right before the BTT again as we are looking to have rebounded the season. I expect us to be disappointed again when we realize we didn't rebound.

I expect a bunch of coaching discussion in February and March into April and May.

I expect there is no real reason to expect any different than what we've previously experienced.

I hope I'm wrong, I hope we buck the trend and stay strong all season. I'd honestly rather see us struggle early and have the boys fight hard to earn a spot in the tournament than get in based on a successful preseason.

I expect to have a bunch of excitement and a bunch of disappointment.

I expect for BtownBanners to become the #1 place for Hoosiers to congregate.

I expect for Hutch to have more fun writing for BtownBanners and interacting with our members than he ever has before.

I expect our members to have more fun on BtownBanners than ever before.

I expect to have to change our logo to include another banner up top.
[attachment=2298:ImageUploadedByBtownBanners1438543206.938694.jpg]

I expect to not have to dust off that new logo that I had created in the 2012 season when I thought it was a realistic chance...

I expect most of you haven't gotten to this point and are still reading this marathon post. If you are reading it, comment your favorite number below to mess with everyone else who didn't make it this far. Also pat yourself on the back for reading greatest.

I expect what is status quo with Crean coaching:  late season swoon and underachievement.

Although until this team shows it's no longer hot garbage at defensive fundamentals and staying in front of people(things Bryant won't fix) we probably should hold off on the 30 wins and FF talk.

We'll beat every weather vane team handily and many fans will over-react.

We'll beat one really good team in the pre-conference season, and many fans will over-react

We'll lose an early Big Ten game we shouldn't

We'll finish 3rd or 4th in the Big Ten, which will be mediocre

We'll lose to Wisconsin in the Big Ten tournament

We'll win a game or two in the NCAA tournament

We'll end our season very much wondering "what if?"   It'll be fun, but we won't accomplish anything of note because :

1)  We still have a lot of defensive holes

2)  We rely too much on one ball handler who also wants and needs to score

3)  We're too reliant on the 3 point shot.  I know...Bryant.  He's a freshman.  He'll be far better in two seasons than he will be this.

4)  We don't have enough players who are good off the ball.  Most of our players, and this is a complaint I have about Crean, need the ball in their hands....which I think is a recipe for roster turnover and an unhappy bench.

5)  We're still very easy to guard until proven otherwise.

26-8 ish overall record

Shouldn't be enough for Crean to keep his job, but we'll see.  I expect an increased level of mediocrity.  A better team with a better record, but I don't see Indiana playing for anything other than a win total.

I expect us to come out of the gates HARD and win a bunch of games. Get a top 5 rating and the hype will be through the roof.

I expect us to struggle in February and March like Crean teams seem to always do. I expect us to get excited right before the BTT again as we are looking to have rebounded the season. I expect us to be disappointed again when we realize we didn't rebound.

I expect a bunch of coaching discussion in February and March into April and May.

I expect there is no real reason to expect any different than what we've previously experienced.

I hope I'm wrong, I hope we buck the trend and stay strong all season. I'd honestly rather see us struggle early and have the boys fight hard to earn a spot in the tournament than get in based on a successful preseason.

I expect to have a bunch of excitement and a bunch of disappointment.

I expect for BtownBanners to become the #1 place for Hoosiers to congregate.

I expect for Hutch to have more fun writing for BtownBanners and interacting with our members than he ever has before.

I expect our members to have more fun on BtownBanners than ever before.

I expect to have to change our logo to include another banner up top.
attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBtownBanners1438543206.938694.jpg

I expect to not have to dust off that new logo that I had created in the 2012 season when I thought it was a realistic chance...

I expect most of you haven't gotten to this point and are still reading this marathon post. If you are reading it, comment your favorite number below to mess with everyone else who didn't make it this far. Also pat yourself on the back for reading greatest.

I would think if they added another banner that the logo wouldn't have to change too much. You could just add a space in there --- a space that looks like a banner.

My favorite number has always been 22