Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

OT: Soooo... Did I see a UFO?

Okay bear with me on this one... I have no idea what I saw in the sky so I'm hoping one of you guys can tell me what it was. I'm sure there is a reasonable explanation for it, but I haven't found that explanation yet so here we go...

July 15th @ 9:31pm outside of Richmond, VA.

I was taking the trash out and once I got to the curb, I heard what I would best describe as if a fighter jet was taking off 2 feet above my head. It was the loudest thing I've heard from a flying object in my life. My neighbors confirmed they had heard it as well and wondered what in the world made that noise.

Anyways... I looked up in the sky and saw an object flying much lower than a plane. It had 3 bright white lights on the bottom in the formation of a triangle. There were no blinking lights or anything else indicating it was a typical plane. The white lights were really bright so I couldn't see anything besides the lights. It also definitely wasn't somebody's drone. It was much much bigger than a drone and there is no way a drone would make that type of noise.

The object moved slowly across the sky, until it stopped for 30 seconds or so. I grabbed my cell phone from my pocket and took the following pictures.

[attachment=2271:ImageUploadedByBtownBanners1438231639.753574.jpg]

And the zoomed version:
[attachment=2272:ImageUploadedByBtownBanners1438231661.881854.jpg]

So safe to say it looks strange right? After taking the picture I watched it for a bit and it was no longer making noise after the initial 5 seconds of sound j heard that made me look up. It started to move again a little quicker so I ran inside to get a better camera to see if I could get a better look at it. When I got back outside it was gone.

I did some looking on the Internet and found another article from 2011 in Portland that shows the same thing I saw : picture:
[attachment=2273:ImageUploadedByBtownBanners1438231778.864489.jpg]

And also had a video that shows exactly what i saw when the object was moving across the sky in the same manner. (Check 1:11 mark)

http://youtu.be/6Fz2dD-HGjA

I know many of you probably think I'm off my rocker, but I don't really believe in any of that stuff, it's just REALLY weird what I saw. I'm guessing it's some type of military or government plane that isn't really in the public domain as j can't find any information on what would have these lights. I'm also pretty close to a lot of military activity being in Virginia.

Help me out BtownBanners... What in the hell did I see 2 weeks ago??

Is this the BIG announcement...?

Andrews AFB is just up the road from you and Langley AFB is just to the south. Most of the stuff is not developed in that area but could have been flown in under the cover of darkness to appease some politicians. Are You sure it wasn't just F-22s doing night training? I believe there is a squadron assigned to Langley...

It can only be one of two things, right?  Either a UFO or a military aircraft.

Aloha says you have military bases near you.  My wife and I see really strange lights like these about once a year.  We also live near an air force base, about 5 miles.  Are these military planes?  It makes sense.  But why would they fly these knowing that we can see them and freak out?  Then again, why would aliens visit near military bases when they know there are dangers of flying near heavy weaponry?  It would be like a criminal robbing a bank next to the police station.

There is other life in this universe without a doubt.  Maybe even within the galaxy.  Is this life intelligent enough to fly into our atmosphere?  Maybe.

My personal opinion?  Most of these sightings are military aircraft.  A few are not.  

Do you feel sick after seeing the lights?  Aliens might have impregnated you.

Technically since you can't identify it you did see a UFO. Unidentified flying object. That doesn't automatically mean aliens, even if people automatically associate the two.

Considering the above poster mentioning base proximity my first guess would be military related. That being said, we're probably not alone; although aliens probably just assume there is no intelligent life here and going by all the incredibly stupid stuff caught on camera (thanks YouTube) it's hard to argue against.

Technically since you can't identify it you did see a UFO. Unidentified flying object. That doesn't automatically mean aliens, even if people automatically associate the two.

Considering the above poster mentioning base proximity my first guess would be military related. That being said, we're probably not alone; although aliens probably just assume there is no intelligent life here and going by all the incredibly stupid stuff caught on camera (thanks YouTube) it's hard to argue against.

He's right, a UFO could be anything, not just the circular plane that Aliens are thought to travel in. I don't think I've ever seen anything like that with the three triangle lights and why did it fly away so fast as you started taking pictures.

When I was at IU, I saw (and heard) something very similar to this when I was on Lake Monroe.  I casually mentioned it when I was in The Eye of Osiris (it was a head shop/herbal stuff/"nothing illegal") the next day and several of the regulars had seen it also. 

I saw something strange once when I was in Mexico. It was about 1 AM and I was outside since I couldn't sleep. All of the sudden a section of the sky lit up, like a big lightbulb behind the clouds and stuff. I stared at it for a second, thinking it was just the moon but then I saw the moon was on the other side of the sky. All of the sudden all the dogs in the neighborhood started barking like crazy! I stared for a couple of minutes and then it just disappeared. I told my girlfriend the next morning but she did not believe me. Oh well! UFO's are real.