Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Austin Boucher

12 hours ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Which makes it pretty sad. Kid has some serious confidence issues. Hope he learns how to deal with all that in a healthy way.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I don’t think it was actually Austin. I think the mods had it nailed down at one point but that’s been a while. I also could be thinking of something else, but I’m pretty sure it wasn’t Austin. 

I don’t think it was actually Austin. I think the mods had it nailed down at one point but that’s been a while. I also could be thinking of something else, but I’m pretty sure it wasn’t Austin. 

I won’t trust the mods until the tell me who janitor was.

From an article that appeared in the Gary Post-Tribune -

Don Bosco is a prep school that only takes kids who qualify for college.

Annual tuition and fees are relatively cheap — around $16,500 — compared to a full-time prep school. The article states that Northfield Mount Hermon in Massachusetts, where Crown Point’s Spike Albrecht attended prep school, lists room, board and tuition at $59,500, plus $2,015 in mandatory fees.

Don Bosco’s teams practice at the old Crown Point High School and play at Indiana University Northwest.

Students’ days are loosely structured, according the Post-Tribune. They take three classes at Ivy Tech. They practice. They work on their strength and agility. Mostly, it’s about playing and getting exposure.

Twenty-six players have gone on to college, including 14 who signed with Division-I schools. The rest, with a few exceptions, got a scholarship to play college basketball.

I was curious about what our friend Austin was up to on the drive home  and did some quick research, for those interested see below:

-Austin's is still at Don Bosco Prep in Crown Point IN

http://www.boscoinstitute.com/player-list.html#

-He recently received a scholarship offer from Ferris St. (October '18)

-No updates to report on college interest letters or head coach phone calls

Feel a little sorry for him.  IMO he was so overwhelmed with his own ego and his 54-point game, he couldn't see his own limitations and work for improvement and make himself a more marketable college basketball player.

His dad was his worst enemy when it came to basketball.

13 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

There is a 6'8" Kace Kitchel on that roster- related to IU's Ted? 

http://www.boscoinstitute.com/player-list.

I'm terrible with family trees, but his dad, Jon Kitchel, is cousins with Ted. 

38 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

There is a 6'8" Kace Kitchel on that roster- related to IU's Ted? 

http://www.boscoinstitute.com/player-list.html#

Noticed there was a Ky Palombizio on the roster. Apparently he's a nephew of Dan Palombizio.  For you youngsters, he was a Indiana Mr Basketball.  Thanks for sharing Hardwood. I didn't know this place existed.

2 hours ago, LockdownD said:

Noticed there was a Ky Palombizio on the roster. Apparently he's a nephew of Dan Palombizio.  For you youngsters, he was a Indiana Mr Basketball.  Thanks for sharing Hardwood. I didn't know this place existed.

Played at Ball St.

11 hours ago, Alford Bailey said:

Played at Ball St.

"I should have committed and signed with Indiana," Palombizio said. "I made a mistake. Indiana won the (1981) national championship and they wanted to redshirt me. I was Mr. Basketball and didn't want to redshirt. I wanted to play right away."

I found this little nugget on"Where are they now" .  Apparently, he had verbally committed to IU, but red shirting wasn't appealing. He signed with Purdue, but that didn't work out so Ball State was his final destination.  

Austin Boucher‏ @AustinBoucher4 

After lots of discussion and prayer, I have decided to continue my education and athletics at Lewis University! Thank you Coach Trost and @CoachROCCO23 for this opportunity! I'm excited to begin my next chapter as a #Flyer !