Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

(2016) SG Ibi Watson to Michigan

Yes, the number of offers we have out there is mind boggling to me. Is it possible to have too many offers floating around and it actually works against us?

yes! For sure

An offer from Indiana no longer means that much. When everyone has one it is a so what. It also means the staff toggling way too many recruits and spreading their time and attention and thoroughness thin

I think the staff really wanted him and showed him priority this summer. So missing a guy they invested that time in hurts. I kept hearing last year how we were in really good shape with the 16 class. I was doubtful then but when we landed TB I thought maybe that might help give us momentum.

I did not think Ibi was a difference maker but the staff wanted and missed him. I know you cannot get everyone but you hope to get the kids you prioritize.

Ray Spalding..............

Theo Pinson..............

Goodluck Okonoboh........

3 prime examples of devoting everything to these guys and missing.

I hope we don't add Rawle to this list.

Devin Robinson could go up there too

. Rawle is enamored with Kentucky. Not to mention he said that John Calipari is recruiting him the hardest right now. That's what bugs me the most. You can't let people outwork you on guys like this.

. Rawle is ensnared with Kentucky. Not to mention he said that John Calipari is recruiting him the hardest right now. That's what bugs me the most. You can't let people outwork you on guys like this.

Link to him saying Calipari was recruiting him the hardest? Everything I've read he mentions Indiana as one of the schools after him the hardest.

. Rawle is enamored with Kentucky. Not to mention he said that John Calipari is recruiting him the hardest right now. That's what bugs me the most. You can't let people outwork you on guys like this.

A guy that highly rated is a great player to go after but you can't be everywhere at once.  You can only decide to fully commit to a few recruits. 

Crean knows he needs to bring in 5-6 guys next year.  He can't spend all his time on one guy especially with Kentucky sniffing around leaving keys in his gym bag. 

I might add Cal said 2016 may looks to be his most talented class ever. Crean still has time but I'd sure like to see some action pretty quick.

IMO Rawle would hurt much more due to the amount of time we spent on him. Those guys were like 2 yrs. Rawle would be like a Gary Harris at this point.