Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

(2016) SG Ibi Watson to Michigan

not thrilled yet. Too many more sure bets out there.

Thrilled equals DeRon Davis, Alkins, Miles Bridges, Maker, Bruce Brown

Happy with CuJo, Lamar Stevens and a few others.

Not as much for Ibi.

Doc;

YOU SAID YOU'D BE THRILLED IF HE WAS BLOWING UP! You did not say we would also need to get Maker, Bridges, Brown AND Alkins to bring you to a state of thrill.

That's quite a switch of what it will take to thrill you. (lolticloltic)

I didn't expect actual thrilled-ness. I don't get thrilled easily either.

Lol. Not all of them Stu. Any of them equals thrilled.

Ibi still not as much.

Sounds like Crean is fishing to me.

If we were taking the 10th best Indiana player, no one would be thrilled about that either.

Maybe he is a glue guy or a possible decent 4 year guy.

We need instant impact guys.

If Ibi was our 4th or 5th, I'd like it better.

He is not "blowing up" enough for me to be thrilled.

Lol. Not all of them Stu. Any of them equals thrilled.

Ibi still not as much.

Sounds like Crean is fishing to me.

If we were taking the 10th best Indiana player, no one would be thrilled about that either.

Maybe he is a glue guy or a possible decent 4 year guy.

We need instant impact guys.

If Ibi was our 4th or 5th, I'd like it better.

He is not "blowing up" enough for me to be thrilled.

Any of them equals thrilled and Ibi being our 4th or 5th best player in the class suits you fine?!?

Well then, we are in complete agreement, and I think it's overwhelmingly likely that you will end up thrilled when the whole class is put together. Just don't be surprised if Ibi is the first piece, and signs before the more "thrilling" additions.

Any of them equals thrilled and Ibi being our 4th or 5th best player in the class suits you fine?!?

Well then, we are in complete agreement, and I think it's overwhelmingly likely that you will end up thrilled when the whole class is put together. Just don't be surprised if Ibi is the first piece, and signs before the more "thrilling" additions.

I suppose I could live with that. Just don't see why you'd sign your least talented member first. Makes little sense to me.

I suppose I could live with that. Just don't see why you'd sign your least talented member first. Makes little sense to me.

First of all, he would currently be a lower ranked player than others; doesn't mean he's less talented or that the lower ranking will remain. Seems to me that he has a much higher ceiling than, say, Eron Gordon. Longer, bouncier, better stroke.

Sign him first because ya gotta trust the coaching staff knows what they're doing; CTC for all his faults has been pretty good about identifying which players are on the rise.

You also sign him first because he says he wants to sign right away; if you say 'no' after recently giving him an unconditional offer you lose all credibility with him. That, and because Michigan and Florida are starting to hone in on him.

Finally, when Crean goes fishing it's usually to fill the last spot in a class, not the first few.

Without looking up his measurements, he looks pretty lengthy and tall for a guard which I like. What bothers me is he seems slow (Kyle Anderson comes to mind) and I'm not too sure he's going to be getting that shot off against a college level defense. Handle needs work too. Idk about this one but if the staff likes him there must be something there.

Just has a Max Hoetzel feel to me about the recruitment.

I don't have unconditional trust in Crean identifying talent.

Like I say, if he blows up on the National scene like Robert Johnson did, I'd feel better about it.

If he stays virtually unknown like Hoetzel did..........

When u have your heart set on Rawle and Ibi Watson takes his place, it's a tearjerker.

Plus, last thing we need is a Gary Harris scholarship crunch late in the recruiting period when the BIG fish are deciding.

Just has a Max Hoetzel feel to me about the recruitment.

I don't have unconditional trust in Crean identifying talent.

Like I say, if he blows up on the National scene like Robert Johnson did, I'd feel better about it.

If he stays virtually unknown like Hoetzel did..........

When u have your heart set on Rawle and Ibi Watson takes his place, it's a tearjerker.

Plus, last thing we need is a Gary Harris scholarship crunch late in the recruiting period when the BIG fish are deciding.

Bingo. There will be plenty of guys on this level available later. 

"He's one of the best shooters in Ohio," All-Ohio Red coach Anthony Gholson said of Watson. "At the end of the day, if you're looking for points, he can definitely shoot the basketball. I think what makes him really intriguing is what a great athlete he is. You wouldn't think so seeing how skinny he is, but he can almost touch his head on the rim. Once he learns to get to the basket a little better, you'll have a guy who can really shoot it and play with a lot of athleticism." Gholson said Watson's decision won't be about the fanciest facilities or proximity to home. It'll be about his comfort level. "Ibi Watson is a relationship guy," Gholson said. "Whoever he has the best relationship with as a coaching staff, that's who he'll gravitate to."

Without looking up his measurements, he looks pretty lengthy and tall for a guard which I like. What bothers me is he seems slow (Kyle Anderson comes to mind) and I'm not too sure he's going to be getting that shot off against a college level defense. Handle needs work too. Idk about this one but if the staff likes him there must be something there.

He's getting to the basket at will. I think it's just deceiving because I feel like he is the type of athlete where everything looks so smooth that it may seem he looks slow or lackadaisical. He'd be a great 4 year player

It was a matter if UM was going to offer. It didn't get reported they had so the prevailing thought was IU, and soon and UM is fairly predictable with their offer timelines which coincided with him not playing well a few times in front of UM staff. I guess they did and he bit. Interesting.

It was a matter if UM was going to offer. It didn't get reported they had so the prevailing thought was IU, and soon and UM is fairly predictable with their offer timelines which coincided with him not playing well a few times in front of UM staff. I guess they did and he bit. Interesting.

im okay with this if we get some big fish.

There's been lots of pro and con comments in regards to Ibi and if he's a player we truly wanted.  I don't watch highlight tapes anymore so I don't know.  But, each day that passes without a recruit announcement makes me more and more uncomfortable given the needs we know we'll have next season.  I hope we don't get strung out to the very end by a lot of these kids and then they all commit elsewhere leaving us to scramble.  That could make for a very ugly 2016-2017 season.   If we could get 1 major commit the dominoes might start to fall in place.

There's been lots of pro and con comments in regards to Ibi and if he's a player we truly wanted. I don't watch highlight tapes anymore so I don't know. But, each day that passes without a recruit announcement makes me more and more uncomfortable given the needs we know we'll have next season. I hope we don't get strung out to the very end by a lot of these kids and then they all commit elsewhere leaving us to scramble. That could make for a very ugly 2016-2017 season. If we could get 1 major commit the dominoes might start to fall in place.

we won't get strung out completely. We have a ton of offers out. I agree with your 1 major domino thought. Ibi was not that domino though and that has been my point all along. We need 3 impact players minimum in this class IMO. Make it happen, Crean.

we won't get strung out completely. We have a ton of offers out. I agree with your 1 major domino thought. Ibi was not that domino though and that has been my point all along. We need 3 impact players minimum in this class IMO. Make it happen, Crean.

Yes, the number of offers we have out there is mind boggling to me.  Is it possible to have too many offers floating around and it actually works against us?