Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

(2016) SG Ibi Watson to Michigan

I guess CTC does recruit Indiana and Ohio after all!

Pickerington, OH (Pickerington Central)

6'4/180

AAU: All Ohio Red

Rivals

ESPN

1. Extremely blessed to say i have received an offer from Indiana University 1f534.png26aa.png1f534.png26aa.png

Indiana offered 2016 Ohio shooting guard Ibi Watson (@ibi_watson_2). https://

I hope this kid is "blowing up" the recruiting rankings. Considered 10th best player from Ohio in ESPN. Odd OFFER for 2016 class with Gordon, Jones, Brown, Alkins, etc, etc, etc, guards in the mix.

Isn't that pretty much SOP for CTC?  Throw offers at anyone and everyone.  And maybe there's vibes that although some of these kids keep mentioning our name as on their lists, in fact we're at the bottom and not at the top.  I'm convinced some of these kids and their AAU coaches like to keep dangling worms in front of coaches just for the fun of it.

Another kid we can only have one of in 2016.

Maybe not.

Check out this very recent video. Ibi is a shooter, but he does not look one dimensional to me: going to the rim with both hands, long, athletic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8Y8XYbEzh4

Maybe not.

Check out this very recent video. Ibi is a shooter, but he does not look one dimensional to me: going to the rim with both hands, long, athletic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8Y8XYbEzh4

That's just a highlight reel though.  I remember people thinking Hanner could be one and done and Hollowell could start as a freshman because of highlights.

Lol did stu call him a one and done? And to the other guy, IU needs 6 next year. There are only fIve positions.

No, but I wouldn't try to draw much from highlights because their purpose is to make a player look good.  

Lol did stu call him a one and done? And to the other guy, IU needs 6 next year. There are only fIve positions.

OFFICIAL PREDICTION:

Ibi Watson and Hanner Perea will both be one and done NBA first rounders. Grant Gelon, who is not as highly rated, will likely have to settle for being a one and done second rounder. (TIC)

Kinda reminds me of Vijay Blackmon. Decent stroke and looks like he can get to the hole on the highlight reel against most likely weaker competition.  But when you get down to it these guys arent major D 1 players. Good roster filler though.

Hottest name in the Midwest? Maybe 2016 WG Ibi Watson. New interest from FL, VCU, and Indiana HC on hand after offering. Michigan tracking.

Looks like he might be a high-major D1 player after all.

People around here are pretty high on OG (I am) because he's talented but needs to gain weight and experience. Will improve dramatically and has a high ceiling.

Bring it to IU Ibi.

I'm in.