Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

(2016) SG Grant Gelon commits to IU

i understand it just fine. High Major elite teams don't behave this way. Just another example proving we aren't an elite program anymore. Indiana should get the Kyle Guys of Indiana.

I don't have unfettered trust in Crean's recruiting like others do. He has been wrong as much or more than he has been right.

I understand it perfectly too - you're just looking for something to complain about.

I'm not trying to say "I told you so," but literally all of your complaints you expressed in your post were refuted by me.  I'm just trying to make you a little more optimistic.  Landing Grant Gelon does not put the nail in the coffin for IU basketball's elite status.  Get real.

My opinion:
You need kids to fill out your bench. We aren't gonna play 13 men per game, that would be ridiculous. If every guy we got was a five star, we would have a huge playing time problem (kentucky's players buying in is an exception). I like the kid. As most of you would say, Indiana kids have better BB IQ, so we got a good one. If the kid can come in, work hard, get good grades, and become a solid 4-year role player, he will be fine and we will all look back and remember this day.

"Role players are important too" - djsalway

You do need kids to fill out the bench. Realistically you only need about 8 players with a couple extra in case of an emergency. But Crean would play 25 kids in a half if he could lol.

I understand it perfectly too - you're just looking for something to complain about.

I'm not trying to say "I told you so," but literally all of your complaints you expressed in your post were refuted by me. I'm just trying to make you a little more optimistic. Landing Grant Gelon does not put the nail in the coffin for IU basketball's elite status. Get real.

Indiana is not elite. So it is impossible for anyone to bring us down from that. I can see the positives and negatives of the signing though.

My opinion:
You need kids to fill out your bench. We aren't gonna play 13 men per game, that would be ridiculous. If every guy we got was a five star, we would have a huge playing time problem (kentucky's players buying in is an exception). I like the kid. As most of you would say, Indiana kids have better BB IQ, so we got a good one. If the kid can come in, work hard, get good grades, and become a solid 4-year role player, he will be fine and we will all look back and remember this day.

"Role players are important too" - djsalway

yes, but most wouldn't pick up a role player when you don't have the play makers first. It's like building a football team, you build it from the inside out

Unheralded Indiana player from Crown Point who can shoot. Averaged less points than me in HS. Offers from Iona, UIC, Toledo, IUPUI. 6'4"ish. Mid major talent.

Going to be the next Oladipo.

Diamond in the ruff?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Shooters are always welcome on my team. The game consists of putting the ball in the basket, whoever does it the most wins. I welcome this kid to the team and am looking forward to watching the ball go through the hoop many many times.

To me it doesn't matter the number of stars this kid has, what matters is he is proud to wear the candy stripes!

Shooters are always welcome on my team. The game consists of putting the ball in the basket, whoever does it the most wins. I welcome this kid to the team and am looking forward to watching the ball go through the hoop many many times.

To me it doesn't matter the number of stars this kid has, what matters is he is proud to wear the candy stripes!

i hope we can get some immediate contributors in this class that are proud to wear the candy stripes

Let me ask you all this; would you rather have unranked Indiana kid who loves IU & can stroke or a bottom end 100 player from dmv who plays for himself and not the name on the front?

How about a Top 20 player that doesn't play for the name on the front? I'll take that. Kids now don't commit to schools. At least not top kids. Good chance this kid ends his Indiana career with almost no PT.

Along with other noted reasons which are legitimate, does Gary Harris ring a bell?

So many reasons.....

Other offers include Iona, IUPUI, Toledo, Illinois/Chicago.

We could get this kid at any time.

14th rated player in Indiana.

Am I right, we only have 3 guaranteed roster spots next season right? Z, Max, Yogi??

I know we think 2 more are gone to Pros/etc..but a lot has to happen.

Why rush this????!

If this causes us to miss on other kids, you're right.  If not, you're trying to win the war on paper and in social media.  If this is a kid Crean wants and a kid he thinks can help, you're spinning this into something it isn't.   There's no reason we can't go get other kids we want.   The story on Gary Harris is long and complex.  An example that's a reach at best.   Let it play out and then complain.