Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

(2016) SG Grant Gelon commits to IU

Matt Roth nor Grant Gelon should have had a scholarship on any Indiana team that hopes to contend for the accolades our fan base expects. Roth came in during a desperate time in the program, and Gelon came in when even Tim Prillers and Jeremiah Aprils were scholarship recipients. Roth would have been great on a mid-major squad, in my opinion. Beautiful shot, but extremely limited in his effectiveness in extended minutes. Gelon, probably at best, may have developed into a similar role at Indiana. Hope he finds the time to develop and succeed at a mid-major somewhere.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando BtownBanners

Roth was a good enough shooter to play literally anywhere in college. It made up for any other shortcomings. Zeisloft was successful on a B1G title team, Roth could have been as well.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Roth was a good enough shooter to play literally anywhere in college. It made up for any other shortcomings. Zeisloft was successful on a B1G title team, Roth could have been as well.

Zeisloft was a far better defender and had other elements to his game beyond catch and shoot.

This is so friggin old, and the last person on earth I want to have a pointless discussion about pointless things is Joe DeBlow. Happy holidays.

Zeisloft was a far better defender and had other elements to his game beyond catch and shoot.

This is so friggin old, and the last person on earth I want to have a pointless discussion about pointless things is Joe DeBlow. Happy holidays.

Zeisloft also played on more consistent teams. And you can make the case that Roth was a much better shooter. If only Crean gave him the chance to be on that 12-13 team... that was something we needed off the bench.

21 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Zeisloft also played on more consistent teams. And you can make the case that Roth was a much better shooter. If only Crean gave him the chance to be on that 12-13 team... that was something we needed off the bench.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS