Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

(2017) RHP Austin Long to IU

Committed last night. Welcome aboard! #7 for this class.

‏@KNIGHTS_BASEBTN: Congrats to 2017 Austin Long (RHP/3B) on his commitment to Indiana University. Well deserved Austin!!! @PerfectGameUSA @HoosierBaseball

Ht/Wt - 6'3/210
Bats/Throws - R/R
HS - Bedford North Lawrence
Hometown - Bedford, IN
Summer Team - Knights Baseball

‏@TheHHCSports: BNL pitcher Austin Long verbally commits to Indiana University http://thehhcsports.com/?p=15292 

Long, who went 5-0 with a 2.91 ERA for the Stars in 2015, received an offer on Wednesday after touring the campus and program facilities. The next day, his decision was made and his response was simple: “I want to be a Hoosier.”

Long, a hard-throwing right-hander who totaled 44 strikeouts in 38.7 innings, had a trip scheduled to North Carolina State. That has been cancelled. “I’m very excited,” he said. “I’ve been to a lot of games there, and it’s a nice atmosphere, a good program. I know I wanted to be here so my family can come to the home games.”

Long also hit .356 for the Stars, and he indicated the IU staff would give him opportunities in the field (at either first or third base).