Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

FKfootball

I'm worried about in-state recruiting.

I keep hearing about how we are in really good shape with some class two years out that is stacked. It seems like every other year there is a great class out there. Except for the movement none of these "future classes" have really not yielded much for Indiana.

To Creans credit, he has done really well in other places but while it is not mandatory I like getting kids form the state.

Pap answered part of my question about whether Crean may not be connecting well with in state coaches (seems only a few noisy coaches may be the issue). I still wonder if we, or any coaches now a days, hold HS coaches clinics.

I think it's perception. If we knew the staff was choosing an outta stater over an in stater because of XYZ, that would be perfectly acceptable versus the perception of missing this or that person, then finding his replacement.

We will never know but in my mind our JULY priorities often indicate we aren't getting our primary targets.

Like others have said, many want Indiana to be the state destination school. It may never really be that way. Although if we win or go to ship and continue to perennial success, it might.

With some exceptions. (Blackmon, Thomas Bryant, etc).

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

This is just all my opinion and I might be way off base.

What I believe:

Coach Crean is clean and the recruiting environment is toxic. He attacks this by trying to outwork some of the other players. We will win some great recruits like Zeller, YF, TB and list goes on ... All the recruits we loose are NOT, because someone cheated, but we're not playing on an even playing field. I'm okay with that and it's not something that's new.

He's going to miss out on some top recruits and he will need to learn how to out coach them on the court (if IU will go to the next level).....

I'm not sure Coach is good enough, but I'm cheering for him to make the next step on the sidelines.

IU needs a final 4 soooo bad.... And i think they have the talent to reach that this year.

11 minutes ago, Ranger78 said:

This is just all my opinion and I might be way off base.

What I believe:

Coach Crean is clean and the recruiting environment is toxic. He attacks this by trying to outwork some of the other players. We will win some great recruits like Zeller, YF, TB and list goes on ... All the recruits we loose are NOT, because someone cheated, but we're not playing on an even playing field. I'm okay with that and it's not something that's new.

He's going to miss out on some top recruits and he will need to learn how to out coach them on the court (if IU will go to the next level).....

I'm not sure Coach is good enough, but I'm cheering for him to make the next step on the sidelines.

IU needs a final 4 soooo bad.... And i think they have the talent to reach that this year.

He may be clean in relative terms, but the way recruiting is there is no such thing as a program or coach 100% clean.  He did commit a secondary violation in the Gary Harris recruitment (which these happen a lot so I don't care, just saying).  He may be cleaner than some/most, ahem looking at Cal who probably sleeps wrapped in a cocoon of his own wings.

LOL - yep Clean is relative for sure....

I guess my point was results on the court (extremely high results) are the only way to combat the toxic recruiting landscape.

I agree,,,, Nobody is completely CLEAN .....

LOL - yep Clean is relative for sure....

I guess my point was results on the court (extremely high results) are the only way to combat the toxic recruiting landscape.

I agree,,,, Nobody is completely CLEAN .....

I agree to an extent. There will always be coaching staff that fight with negative recruiting. The more Crean and co. Do on the court and in the tourney the more they can combat that. There are staffs that will continue that coming off two B1G titles in 4 years....