Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

FindEndNow

Top Ten Players of the Tom Crean Era.

I would rate Troy closer to the top of the list. Definitely over Noah Vonleh.

Contributed more to the program. Accomplished more. Will have a better pro career and a better college career.

Troy very well could pass Vonleh. But it just speaks to how good Vonleh was. And I don't know about their pro careers. Troy reminds me a lot of Gerald Green. And it took Green sometime to find a place in the NBA. But with a player like Troy you just never know. He could be an All-star or he could be out of the league after a few years. Vonleh though plays defense and rebounds. That'll always keep you around.

Troy showed flashes last year, but he hasnt lived up to the hype yet. I only disagree with Verdell Jones being so high. He was the human turnover

But we will always remember that one beautiful assist Verdell made to CWat for the 3 against pUKe!

1. Vic
2. Cody
3. Noah
4.Yogi
Rest are a step below and interchangeable IMO. Noah coulda of easily been #1 but was the most mis managed talent I've seen in 35 years of IU bb.

I actually agree but I watched some NV games in high school. He had the same issues on a HS level. Never seemed in the flow of the offense or had a definite role. He'd get his points off the offensive glass and the occasional 3. The point guard rarely gave him the ball. We saw much of these same things.

NV fashions himself as a Harrison Barnes type player. Crean and his HS coach played him like a true 5. Vonleh will eventually be great if he can play the 3 or 4. I think his face up game has the chance to be excellent.

Also, our lack of shooting really hurt our offensive game plan for Vonleh, as teams collapsed all around him.

I actually agree but I watched some NV games in high school. He had the same issues on a HS level. Never seemed in the flow of the offense or had a definite role. He'd get his points off the offensive glass and the occasional 3. The point guard rarely gave him the ball. We saw much of these same things.

NV fashions himself as a Harrison Barnes type player. Crean and his HS coach played him like a true 5. Vonleh will eventually be great if he can play the 3 or 4. I think his face up game has the chance to be excellent.

Also, our lack of shooting really hurt our offensive game plan for Vonleh, as teams collapsed all around him.

I really hate people talking about how that team couldn't shoot. You know what you do about that? You adjust your game to fit your personnel. Every year UofL can't hit water if they were in the ocean. Yet they're good. Not having 3 point shooters is a terrible excuse. We had Yogi, Gordon, Sheehey, Etherington and Vonleh. Hollowell and Hartman. We had people who could shoot on the team. But that team was so badly misused by the coaching staff. That alone should have had people fired.