Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

(2017) SG Al Durham Jr. to IU

Thinking out loud here. Any chance that this signing helps our standing with Kegler being that both are from the South. The only possible reasonable explanation of the timing of this commitment.

Really? That's the only reasonable possible explanation you can think of?

Jackson, MS and Whereverville, GA aren't exactly neighbors.

true. I realized that, but was hoping the staff had some good reason to accept this scholarship so far in advance considering our scholarship numbers.

Heck our current roster is a big man shy of being a complete roster. If TB goes down, kiss this season goodbye.

Theres so much time between now and then it doesn't move me one way or another. A top 150 possible sleeper kid is nice to add.

I can't get moved too far one way or another because 2017 is so far away, we can't really read what the scholly situation will be. Theres always tons of attrition, some predictable. Some not. 

Like I said, can't control who commits and when. Coach, asst, whoever can give timelines, but if he feels IU is great for him, then he'll commit. Case in point for Durham. I'm sure if Creaning is necessary, it'll happen

And more than anything. It bugs me that we've reached this point where we so casually accept Creaning. We should be able to expect players who commit get to play here as long as they want without being pushed out. If Priller is happy on the bench, he should be able to be happy on the bench for 4 years without feeling the heat for his spot. This isn't a professional team, we don't just get to toss people onto the waiver wire.

Also, I don't think you can say "case in point" without any evidence that this was the case. There is nothing we know at the moment indicating Crean told him to wait and he committed anyway.

And more than anything. It bugs me that we've reached this point where we so casually accept Creaning. We should be able to expect players who commit get to play here as long as they want without being pushed out. If Priller is happy on the bench, he should be able to be happy on the bench for 4 years without feeling the heat for his spot. This isn't a professional team, we don't just get to toss people onto the waiver wire.

Also, I don't think you can say "case in point" without any evidence that this was the case. There is nothing we know at the moment indicating Crean told him to wait and he committed anyway.

I don't "accept" Creaning. I don't believe it should ever happen. But I can't control that. Every player that commits to IU I want here for 4 years.

"Case in point" meaning he committed on his terms. Plus if a coach told me to wait for a specific time to commit pending other players decisions... Would you want to play for him anyways? I wouldn't. If a coach wants you on his team he'll gladly accept your commitment at any point in time. I don't buy into this timeline stuff on committing when offering. If you don't want a player, don't offer.

I don't "accept" Creaning. I don't believe it should ever happen. But I can't control that. Every player that commits to IU I want here for 4 years.

"Case in point" meaning he committed on his terms. Plus if a coach told me to wait for a specific time to commit pending other players decisions... Would you want to play for him anyways? I wouldn't. If a coach wants you on his team he'll gladly accept your commitment at any point in time. I don't buy into this timeline stuff on committing when offering. If you don't want a player, don't offer.

Are you sure? You've really written like someone who isn't worried about scholarship numbers because creaning will happen anyway. That seems pretty accepting. You've accepted we'll crean to make the numbers work out.

And since I'm positive literally every single major basketball coach uses conditional offers and I'm almost as certain major recruits do as well, that would be a tough position for you to be in. No program could withstand every single offer they've made being accepted, they all make more offers than they have spots.

Are you sure? You've really written like someone who isn't worried about scholarship numbers because creaning will happen anyway. That seems pretty accepting. You've accepted we'll crean to make the numbers work out.

And since I'm positive literally every single major basketball coach uses conditional offers and I'm almost as certain major recruits do as well, that would be a tough position for you to be in. No program could withstand every single offer they've made being accepted, they all make more offers than they have spots.

You can only accept something if you can control it right? What's the point of complaining about it if you can't control it. I don't want it to happen, but that has nothing to do with me "accepting" or "not accepting" Not like Crean will base his moves off our wants. Wish Crean wouldn't do it, like I said. Can't control it.

And don't see this being a conditional offer if kid commits 2 years early. And kids use conditional offers, because they state when they're timeline is for committing. They just want to see all of their suitors. Doesn't mean every coach gets a chip on the table. To each their own though.