Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

(2017) SG Al Durham Jr. to IU

Just question timing again. Scruggs, Wilkes, Williams and very limited schollies available. Another 1 who jumped on early offer because "Indiana can recruit McDonald AA's" and he jumped at the opportunity.

Again I question Creans recruiting vision and his ability to build a team. Nothing against this kid, I actually like his upside, but again, WHY now???

Just question timing again. Scruggs, Wilkes, Williams and very limited schollies available. Another 1 who jumped on early offer because "Indiana can recruit McDonald AA's" and he jumped at the opportunity.

Again I question Creans recruiting vision and his ability to build a team. Nothing against this kid, I actually like his upside, but again, WHY now???

Still plenty of time for Crean to give him the "You just aren't part of our vision speech" and him decommitt. 

Frankly I am ok with the pick up looks like he could develop quite a bit. 

Perfect. I agree the best thing to do for a team who doesn't yet really know their needs for 2017 and only has 1 sure scholarship is to use that scholarship on a sleeper candidate who may or may not turn into a decent recruit.

So perfectly true. It's almost unfathomable the "strategy" behind our recruiting. Nix the almost part.

Look, I know people are worried about in state kids for 2017. But Durham has size, speed, and is a shooter. Ranked top 100 in 2017. It's only 2015. Plenty of things will happen by then for scholarships. People leaving early, transfers etc. why are we against someone who wants to play for IU and commits early? Great get if Al continues to improve

I haven't seen anyone "against" Durham. They're against poor scholarship management, which, this coaching staff has given them over half a decade of reason to worry about. He may turn out to be a great shooter, but what happens if 2017 rolls around and he has our only scholarship spot but what we really need is a big? Then this wasn't the best use of a scholarship.

We're already counting on the numbers working themselves out for the incoming class. We expect to have a team in 2016-17 of 5 or 6 freshman, 3 sophomores, 3 juniors, and 1 senior. So, now who gets Creaned to make room? Or do we just expect Bryant to be a 2 and done? Who takes Bryant's place? Do we expect to have some 1-and-dones in the incoming 2016 class?

We are a program that has lately gotten all of it's best recruits very late in the process, so it makes us nervous to see what may end up being a very rare and valuable scholarship tied up about 18 months earlier than it might otherwise be used.

How many recruits have scholly offers for 2017? Can't control who commits and when. This day in age, you have to offer a lot of kids. Because the ones you think you'll land don't always commit or workout. It's a crap shoot

How many recruits have scholly offers for 2017? Can't control who commits and when. This day in age, you have to offer a lot of kids. Because the ones you think you'll land don't always commit or workout. It's a crap shoot

Well I mean, when you give them the offer you can talk about expectations and timelines. I doubt every offer we give is ready to be redeemed on delivery.

Well I mean, when you give them the offer you can talk about expectations and timelines. I doubt every offer we give is ready to be redeemed on delivery.

Like I said, can't control who commits and when. Coach, asst, whoever can give timelines, but if he feels IU is great for him, then he'll commit. Case in point for Durham. I'm sure if Creaning is necessary, it'll happen

Thinking out loud here. Any chance that this signing helps our standing with Kegler being that both are from the South. The only possible reasonable explanation of the timing of this commitment.

Jackson, MS and Whereverville, GA aren't exactly neighbors.