Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

FindEndNow

Where can we get 6 wins?

407232.jpg

We should be 4-0 in our non-con this year. I know nothing is to be expected with Indiana football, but three of them are at home, and we're going to be the favorites in every game. Expectations people.

In the Big10, Penn State, Rutgers, Iowa, Michigan, Maryland, and Purdue are all winnable games. For some reason, Ohio State tends to be too, though I wouldn't cross our fingers on that one. We'll get at least two of them (if Sudfeld stays healthy).

We "should" be 4-0. I won't be surprised if WKU hangs 50 on us and we lose. I won't be surprised if we lose Wake as well.

Your talking history. I'm talking the future. If you walk into a season or even a single game focusing on the past, don't be surprised if you get the same results.

Indiana will always be bad at football. They'll have to bring in a big time coach to change it.

Maybe you need to go to a Purdue board, because you sure as hell don't belong here.

I don't know why I'd go to a PU board. I like watching IU football... at times. But they're just really bad. Really really bad. We need a big time coach. Western Michigan has that really young coach that's being talked about.

That's easily the most dangerous game out of the most probable wins. It's the game we should win, but could certainly find a way to lose, and the opponent (along with their coach) are no slouch.

Honestly, looking at the conference slate, it's hard for me to see more than 2 wins. Purdue, Iowa and Rutgers are the safest bets. We won't beat Michigan or PSU. OSU and MSU can name the score. Maryland embarrassed us last year and it's difficult to see us flipping the script at their place.

Time to earn that paycheck, Wilson.

We can beat UM. I know, until we do it, it's hard to pick a W, but we can beat them.

I don't know why I'd go to a PU board. I like watching IU football... at times. But they're just really bad. Really really bad. We need a big time coach. Western Michigan has that really young coach that's being talked about.

We have a good coaching staff. Wilson was a hot name when we hired him. WMU hardly has a "big time coach." Our staff doesn't get forever, but we've got to let them develop something instead of just giving up and going after the next shiny new thing. And what "big time coach" would come here? We could offer $6-7 mil and many would still laugh at us. Let Wilson build something. Hell, IU fans were already grumbling about Hep before he passed away.

We have a good coaching staff. Wilson was a hot name when we hired him. WMU hardly has a "big time coach." Our staff doesn't get forever, but we've got to let them develop something instead of just giving up and going after the next shiny new thing. And what "big time coach" would come here? We could offer $6-7 mil and many would still laugh at us. Let Wilson build something. Hell, IU fans were already grumbling about Hep before he passed away.

This will be his 5th year. We've been one of the worst at defense every year. Nothing has gotten better. There aren't even flashes of good defense. When we held Bowling Green to 10 a couple years ago it was because they missed like 4 field goals. This coaching staff has one year left if they don't go to a bowl. It would have ended last year if not for Sudfeld getting hurt.

Hell, IU fans were already grumbling about Hep before he passed away.

Who was grumbling? If he hadn't been sick, we would have gone to a bowl in his second year. The only people I ever heard complaining about him were the Bill Lynch fanboys who blamed Lynch's ineptitude on Hep for not leaving him better players. 

Who was grumbling? If he hadn't been sick, we would have gone to a bowl in his second year. The only people I ever heard complaining about him were the Bill Lynch fanboys who blamed Lynch's ineptitude on Hep for not leaving him better players.

Lynch was an awful receuiter. At least Wilson can pull in a couple 4 star players. Lynch never had a single one. Sudfeld was the first IU had probably ever.

I agree with giving Wilson time to build something, but only to an extent.  Hope for the future only goes so far, at some point he has to deliver the results to justify continued hope.  I expect a bowl this season, at least a low bowl, and if it doesn't happen this season I'd be okay with bringing Wilson back in a do or die scenario.  IMO we're getting to the point where we need to expect the results instead of just hoping.

This will be his 5th year. We've been one of the worst at defense every year. Nothing has gotten better. There aren't even flashes of good defense. When we held Bowling Green to 10 a couple years ago it was because they missed like 4 field goals. This coaching staff has one year left if they don't go to a bowl. It would have ended last year if not for Sudfeld getting hurt.

I thought the defense showed some improvement last season, especially towards the end of the year.  Which was a pleasant surprise over Doug "how could this defense possibly get worse?  Oh, that's how" Mallory.  Every game Mallory was the MVP for the opposing offense.

C'mon - what's with all of the Negative Nellies and Debbie Downers on this post? Hoosiers have all the tools to win big this year. Have faith. However, if Coach does not get it done with all of these weapons we should figure out how can make it happen as coach. Not looking through rose colored glasses - just get the sense that this is the year.

C'mon - what's with all of the Negative Nellies and Debbie Downers on this post? Hoosiers have all the tools to win big this year. Have faith. However, if Coach does not get it done with all of these weapons we should figure out how can make it happen as coach. Not looking through rose colored glasses - just get the sense that this is the year.

it is all up to the defense. The offense will be fine. But just like basketball.... it is all up to the defense.

If we were gonna hire another MAC Head Coach, it better be Rod Carey!!! But let's hope it never gets to that. #Play13

I say we go 13 - 0...... Not really, but there's too much negativity here. Our starting QB went down and we had to rely on our 4th or 5th string QB. We are getting better on D, and that is huge for an offense getting their starting QB back. We will miss TC at RB, but we have solid guys to help there. WR's should have better hands, and WE BE ROLLIN'!!!

:)

I say we go 13 - 0...... Not really, but there's too much negativity here. Our starting QB went down and we had to rely on our 4th or 5th string QB. We are getting better on D, and that is huge for an offense getting their starting QB back. We will miss TC at RB, but we have solid guys to help there. WR's should have better hands, and WE BE ROLLIN'!!!

:)

Yes! I'm looking forward to seeing a decent season. A bowl game will be the first step on the long to road to becoming a successful program. It'll take awhile, but it's gonna happen!

I expect a bowl this season, at least a low bowl, and if it doesn't happen this season I'd be okay with bringing Wilson back in a do or die scenario.  IMO we're getting to the point where we need to expect the results instead of just hoping.

Do or die needs to be THIS year, not next. You can't keep a coach for more than 5 seasons when he's won less than 33% of his games. He's also nearing the end of his contract (2017 is the last year), so we kind of have to make a move one way or the other pretty soon.