Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

FindEndNow

Where can we get 6 wins?

The unreachable number for IU football. But it looks like Indiana is going to have to go into B1G play at 4-0. We have to beat Purdue. Then we have 7 games to win just one. Will it even be able to happen? How much can our defense step up in our DC's 2nd year? Big and possibly last year for Kevin Wilson.

I think if everyone stays healthy we definitely have the talent and experience to get to 6 or 7 wins. Without having seen the team on the field in months, this is how I would guess the season will play out. Maybe a little optimistic, but I think it can be done!

W-09/05 Vs. Southern Illinois

W-09/12 Vs. FIU

W/L-09/19 Vs. Western Kentucky

W-09/26 At Wake Forest

L-10/03 Vs. Ohio State

L-10/10 At Penn State

W-10/17 Vs. Rutgers

L-10/24 At Michigan State

W-11/07 Vs. Iowa

L-11/14 Vs. Michigan

L-11/21 At Maryland

W-11/28 At Purdue

We are playing Western Kentucky though. So that'll sadly be a tough win to get.

That's easily the most dangerous game out of the most probable wins. It's the game we should win, but could certainly find a way to lose, and the opponent (along with their coach) are no slouch. 

Honestly, looking at the conference slate, it's hard for me to see more than 2 wins. Purdue, Iowa and Rutgers are the safest bets. We won't beat Michigan or PSU. OSU and MSU can name the score. Maryland embarrassed us last year and it's difficult to see us flipping the script at their place. 

Time to earn that paycheck, Wilson. 

10/17 Vs. Rutgers

11/07 Vs. Iowa

11/14 Vs. Michigan

11/21 At Maryland

11/28 At Purdue

I think we go 3-1 OOC  We then have 5 winnable Conference games to pick up 3 more wins.  I won't pick, but I think 3 wins are doable out of these 5. 

As like almost every year, it is going to come down to the Defense. 

I'll be at the Bucket Game again this year, and I really hope that we go into that game with the 6 wins! 

Why be satisfied with 6 wins and a meaningless bowl game?  I know it seems like we haven't been to any kind of bowl since Moses built the ark, but to look for a minimum of 3 of the 6 wins to come from non-conference games means we're nothing more than mediocre in the conference and I don't think we should be satisfied with that.  Personal opinion nothing more than that.

Why be satisfied with 6 wins and a meaningless bowl game? I know it seems like we haven't been to any kind of bowl since Moses built the ark, but to look for a minimum of 3 of the 6 wins to come from non-conference games means we're nothing more than mediocre in the conference and I don't think we should be satisfied with that. Personal opinion nothing more than that.

I don't think anyone wants our success to stop at 6wins and a bowl. But to expect to come out with a National Championship in the next few years is completely farfetched. Getting to a bowl is proof that we're headed in the right direction and we can build on bag success to get us further.
I personally would much rather be excited about the possibility our first bowl in 10+ years than be passed that Wilson can't make us a consistent Rose Bowl winning caliber team over night. That level of success would be amazing but it take time for the losingest team in the Big Ten to get there.

We have had a signature win each of be past two seasons and we should hope for one his year also. Who will it be? Sparty? Bucks? Remember - 99% of the so called experts last year picked Mizzou over IU and that's not the way it turned out. This is going to be a good team this year - will make us all proud Hoosier fans.

Why be satisfied with 6 wins and a meaningless bowl game?  I know it seems like we haven't been to any kind of bowl since Moses built the ark, but to look for a minimum of 3 of the 6 wins to come from non-conference games means we're nothing more than mediocre in the conference and I don't think we should be satisfied with that.  Personal opinion nothing more than that.

Yep. I say, Yep. One of the biggest problems with IU FB fans is we think like losers. 

I don't think anyone wants our success to stop at 6wins and a bowl. But to expect to come out with a National Championship in the next few years is completely farfetched. Getting to a bowl is proof that we're headed in the right direction and we can build on bag success to get us further.
I personally would much rather be excited about the possibility our first bowl in 10+ years than be passed that Wilson can't make us a consistent Rose Bowl winning caliber team over night. That level of success would be amazing but it take time for the losingest team in the Big Ten to get there.

And if Wilson by some miracle took IU to the Rose Bowl or some major bowl next season, a lot of high profile jobs would come knocking.

And if Wilson by some miracle took IU to the Rose Bowl or some major bowl next season, a lot of high profile jobs would come knocking.

That sounds as if you'd prefer to stay mediocre so we don't lose our coach?    And in my earlier post, I did not say I expected to compete for a national championship every year but I do think we should expect to consistently have a winning record in our conference.  Getting a 6 win season to qualify for a bowl but having a losing B1G record just doesn't excite me.  All that means is you loaded the non-conference schedule with cupcakes.

That sounds as if you'd prefer to stay mediocre so we don't lose our coach? And in my earlier post, I did not say I expected to compete for a national championship every year but I do think we should expect to consistently have a winning record in our conference. Getting a 6 win season to qualify for a bowl but having a losing B1G record just doesn't excite me. All that means is you loaded the non-conference schedule with cupcakes.

I agree. But to get the ball rolling I'll be OK with a season or two of mediocre bowls and sub-500 conference records. Then at that point, the expectations ratchet upward into +.500 B1G records and better bowls.

That's easily the most dangerous game out of the most probable wins. It's the game we should win, but could certainly find a way to lose, and the opponent (along with their coach) are no slouch. 

407232.jpg

We should be 4-0 in our non-con this year. I know nothing is to be expected with Indiana football, but three of them are at home, and we're going to be the favorites in every game. Expectations people.

In the Big10, Penn State, Rutgers, Iowa, Michigan, Maryland, and Purdue are all winnable games. For some reason, Ohio State tends to be too, though I wouldn't cross our fingers on that one. We'll get at least two of them (if Sudfeld stays healthy).