Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

drewheck

Now that thons off the board for this season

If no impact player materializes, I agree that granting a scholarship to Burton is a nice gesture. Let's not forget that Holt signed in August last year, though.

I know he reclassified, and that it's unlikely and unwise to bank on finding another player of his caliber. However, there's still some time for things to shake out.

I don't get banking the scholarship. And I mean what does it really hurt to give it to a kid like Burton who has worked his ass off.

. I agree. If we can't find an impact guy to give it to, let's use it on a guy like Burton. It won't hurt, considering it free's itself up at seasons end. Banking the scholly would be pointless.

I guess I'm still confident that we'll find a player that can help us.  

I agree.  It's nice to be in a position where we can be somewhat picky---no rush---just keep looking until the right player becomes available. I still think Crean will fill the spot---it's just the way he rolls.

I completely agree, Rebel, it's definitely how Coach Crean rolls.  I get all the Burton love, but that's not gonna happen and i'm not gonna get my panties in a bunch if IU fills the last Scholly with a guy that none of us have heard of.  Because most likely that's exactly what's gonna happen, and it's most likely gonna be a Guard since we only have 4 on the roster which is crazy if you think about it since Crean is a Guard heavy coach.  

Why not? Troy has failed multiple drug test as well. Obekpa would help with evening out a huge class. He's a big time shot blocker.

There's a big difference between:

1. Finding out that a player who's already on the team has an issue, and trying to help him, and
  2. Asking a player with a proven drug history to join the team.

There's a big difference between:

• Finding out that a player who's already on the team has an issue, and trying to help him, and
  • Asking a player with a proven drug history to join the team.
Who cares? Obekpa is a good player. He's someone you can take a chance on. IU won't go after him though.