Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Nothing too great. Dakich said Indiana is a Great coaching job. Still has elite recruiting draw. Talked about great facilities, great local talent, soft scheduling. Both said IU isn't winning enough.

Talked about Mark Few turning down IU job and 1.5 mil per year because it is easy to win in Gonzagas conference.

If Crean doesn't turn things all the way around, we have one more hire before we drop another level in the national viewpoint. We are a fringe top 8-15 program in the national eye, or so it seems.

The most frustrating part for me is the fact that virtually everyone in the national media says our program is not where it should be and yet the powers that be dont seem to be concerned one bit. We have the infrastucture to be top five again pretty easily but we lack the management team to get us there.

If no one is held accountable, why change? Very sad state of affairs in our athletics department.

The most frustrating part for me is the fact that virtually everyone in the national media says our program is not where it should be and yet the powers that be dont seem to be concerned one bit. We have the infrastucture to be top five again pretty easily but we lack the management team to get us there.

they seem to like mediocrity. There are some changes that need made. Some that I'd like to see are just selfish on my part but hey.. we should be able to do it.

If no one is held accountable, why change? Very sad state of affairs in our athletics department.

This has been pointed out before, but it may not be on the athletic department. Bob Knight became "untouchable" at Indiana. It seems, and has been mentioned, that the university powers do not want to deal with another situation like that.

This has been pointed out before, but it may not be on the athletic department. Bob Knight became "untouchable" at Indiana. It seems, and has been mentioned, that the university powers do not want to deal with another situation like that.

ok. Except we were good. At least until the ending of his career.

Success of the program was not their issue. Their issue was the power that the coach of a successful Indiana basketball program can gain, as evidenced by Bob Knight.

I don't see how it's a problem. Just means you're successful. If a coach doesn't have any power then he's not successful. Apparently we're letting a coach without success have power.

I don't see how it's a problem. Just means you're successful. If a coach doesn't have any power then he's not successful. Apparently we're letting a coach without success have power.

I don't think you're getting it. Bob Knight was arguably the most powerful person at Indiana. Supposedly, the current powers-that-be do not want another basketball coach to obtain the same power and influence Bob Knight had. That is why I said mediocrity of the program may not be on the athletic department. The university may be limiting their control over the situation.

Who knows, but that is a theory out there...

I don't think you're getting it. Bob Knight was arguably the most powerful person at Indiana. Supposedly, the current powers-that-be do not want another basketball coach to obtain the same power and influence Bob Knight had. That is why I said mediocrity of the program may not be on the athletic department. The university may be limiting their control over the situation.

I'd say blame em all. The more successful the sports programs are... the more money everyone makes.

meaning that the top peeps of the university can make more money. Meaning they'd be all for it. Because they care about money only.

Even with the basketball program in a mediocre state, Indiana University athletics generates revenue that ranks near the top every year. The money is already there. They're worried about their power and control being limited by a idolized figure, like what Bob Knight was.

Even with the basketball program in a mediocre state, Indiana University athletics generates revenue that ranks near the top every year. The money is already there. They're worried about their power and control being limited by a idolized figure, like what Bob Knight was.

I honestly don't think they'd care if they were making even more money. Football has to be really good though to make the BIG bucks. But basketball can be way better.

Well Bob THOUGHT he was the most powerful.  It turns out he didn't have the power he thought he did.