Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2016/17) PG Markus Howard to Marquette

This kid is obviously talented and normally would be a great addition, but we need another athletic wing or another big way more IMO.

Really? I feel our frontcourt is solid unless we lose somebody. where as we lack any real play makers at PG. you can have all the weapons in the world but if you can't get them the ball your in trouble.

Really? I feel our frontcourt is solid unless we lose somebody. where as we lack any real play makers at PG. you can have all the weapons in the world but if you can't get them the ball your in trouble.

Just consider Max is graduating, Troy also gets his degree and likely moves on, Thomas Is a possible high draft pick. Does that not leaves holes in the front court?

Max is gone. Troy probably too. Potentially even TB. But even if TB stays, we could use another big. Also, if Troy goes we absolutely need another athletic wing.

Between RoJo, JBJ, CuJo, Greene, Newkirk and Gelon, that six guards. Add another, and we have 7 guards. Do you want another year of our a 3-guard lineup? I don't. I think we've seen the positive difference defensively with JBJ out and the move away from the 3-guard lineup we got killed last season and the first half of this because we had no length/size on the wing.

Max is gone. Troy probably too. Potentially even TB. But even if TB stays, we could use another big. Also, if Troy goes we absolutely need another athletic wing.

Between RoJo, JBJ, CuJo, Greene, Newkirk and Gelon, that six guards. Add another, and we have 7 guards. Do you want another year of our a 3-guard lineup? I don't. I think we've seen the positive difference defensively with JBJ out and the move away from the 3-guard lineup we got killed last season and the first half of this because we had no length/size on the wing.

I think our front-court is fine next season if TB stays, he and Davis would be a monster defensively and Morgan is coming along nicely this season as well. Hartman and Anunoby are also capable of playing down low as well. 

If TB stays our front court will be "fine" but we could still use another guy with size/skill down there. Thought more importantly, we could use another wing with size and athleticism. Say Troy leaves, Hartman and OG are not enough on the wing. IMO filling another wing slot is vastly more important that a 7th guard. I seriously want nothing to do with a 3-guard lineup ever again.

I think our front-court is fine next season if TB stays, he and Davis would be a monster defensively and Morgan is coming along nicely this season as well. Hartman and Anunoby are also capable of playing down low as well.

So we just keeping adding 6'0" point guards until we find one? Unless there's a proven guy (top 5 recruit) or proven 5th year transfer that can step right in, I'd gamble on Newkirk, RoJo, Greene, CuJo, and JBJ, and use a remaining scholly on length/size so we're not undersized yet again and forced into a 3-guard lineup. 

Agree to disagree, we're all welcome to our opinions. 

I don't see a single playmaker on our roster next year.

I want size too. Not sure who is left. If Rawle is out completely and it appears so, then Thon with a million question marks. Maybe a grad transfer option out there that can play right away, ala Max. That might be our best play with this roster if no Thon.

khalil Felder is only a junior. It would be nice if he would consider being a grad transfer to play at a higher level conference. I haven't seen a lot of new news about Howard reclassifing so as of now the abundance of guards we have for next year shouldn't effect his decision

I want size too. Not sure who is left. If Rawle is out completely and it appears so, then Thon with a million question marks. Maybe a grad transfer option out there that can play right away, ala Max. That might be our best play with this roster if no Thon.

IU scouted 2016 F/C Kalif Young a month or so ago. Competition seems to be steep. I'll try and get a scoop there but no promises

IU scouted 2016 F/C Kalif Young a month or so ago. Competition seems to be steep. I'll try and get a scoop there but no promises

I remember that. Could be a good fit for our needs. Have to imagine we are looking into grad transfers at this time of year. Who knows, maybe this is the year we land Ray Kasongo if he finds the right flight.