Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2016/17) PG Markus Howard to Marquette

Sounds like he might be the best fit for the program. May have to just have a lot of guards on roster to get the right guards.

We hopefully have how bigs for next year already signed. Seems more important to get the right PG so as to avoid a massive drop off next year. Howard seems to offer that.

Sounds like he might be the best fit for the program. May have to just have a lot of guards on roster to get the right guards.

We hopefully have how bigs for next year already signed. Seems more important to get the right PG so as to avoid a massive drop off next year. Howard seems to offer that.

Yup.

Between Collin, OG, Juwan, DeRon, and likely TB we have lots of high-end, known quantity bigs for next year.

Guards? We have one: RoJo. 

Let's find a few more out of Devonte, Josh, Cujo, JB post surgery, and Markus.

Can't let our OV fall to far behind. Findlay Prep won 114-55 last night.

Howard with 27 pts (7-12, 3fg), 5 rbs and 2 asts. Boxscore

‏@CoachAJohnson: Thanks to college coaches from North Carolina, ASU, Boston College, Texas, WSU, San Diego State, Central Arkansas, & Cal State Fullerton for coming to recent @FindlayPrep games

Catching up on Markus.

On 1/30, Findlay defeated Varsity Opponent 83 -48.  Howard with 25 pts, with 6 of 10 on 3's; 4 reb, 1 assist, 2 steals.   [When a team is playing a varsity team that is currently not covered by MaxPreps, they can schedule the game vs. "varsity opponent."]

On 2/5, Findlay defeated Silverado 77 - 30.  Howard with 21 pts., hitting 4 of 5 on 3's; 1 reb., 0 assists; 1 steal.

On 2/6, Findlay defeated Las Vegas 93 - 38.  Howard with 9 pts., 1 reb. 5 assists, 2 steals.

Am I missing something with Howard?  We designate him as a point guard, but I'm not seeing the kinds of assist numbers I would expect, albeit he did have 5 in his most recent game.

Through 23 games this season, he's averaging 19.5 ppg, 3 rpg, 3 assists and 1.6 steals/game.

He plays for Findlay Prep, and if it's still anything like the team when Stan Rob was there...passing wasn't exactly a focal point of the offense.  Nigel Williams-Goss was the point then, and averaged 1.5 assists a game.  So I wouldn't read too much into that.

If he saw the game last night, he's seeing Rojo, Newkirk, Devonte Green, CuJo, JBJ, and now Niego as potential rotation guards next year.

Not saying he'd be anywhere near the bottom of that rotation, but he would be the seventh candidate for guard minutes if he came aboard.

Or... maybe he heard that Thon is taking that last slot! (thought I'd throw Alaska a bone :lol:)

I don't have a Peegs premium account, so maybe this is covered there -- is it possible this isn't a change of heart? It doesn't look like he's taken any other officials, and to take an official, you have to be academically qualified. Which raises the question....

I don't have a Peegs premium account, so maybe this is covered there -- is it possible this isn't a change of heart? It doesn't look like he's taken any other officials, and to take an official, you have to be academically qualified. Which raises the question....

Updated to add that it looks like the scheduled official to Arizona State in early January happened, so qualifying likely isn't the reason: http://247sports.com/Bolt/Four-upcoming-visits-for-Markus-Howard-42890391