Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

FindEndNow

Would Thon stay the "planned" 1 1/2 years?

So apparently Indiana and Arizona State both have plans for Maker to stay 1 1/2 years in school for them. If he does stay.. what does that mean for IU? And what would the expectations be(with or without this coaching staff).

If Bryant stays then it'd obviously be big time if Thon stays as well. The SF spot we'd still have OG but would obviously need another. The other two positions(PG and SG) would have to be filled though possibly with only RJ returning in the backcourt.

Kinda foolish then on the coaches part then

I'd say it would be best for Thon. He'll not only be missing a summer in a college weight room but also half a season to get used to a team. Good chance he doesn't start right away. He wouldn't be a top pick if he left after that half year. That extra year would almost be like his freshman year.

I don't think it is exactly Thon's plan more as the plan set by the coaches.

I believe it's viewed as the option, because if Thon doesn't finish high school prior to next fall (making him enroll mid-semester) he isn't eligible for the 2016 draft, which would likely make him be in school another year and potentially ready for the 2017 draft.

His guardian said he's got to have a NBA ready body, and ready skills right? He's also projected as the 28th pick so yes I think he stays the 1.5 years.