Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

And just him being there while DD had it/using it makes him guilty. He didn't even look out for him and tell him to stop because he was probably to high himself.

Like others have said, HMP said he passed a drug test on the day of the incident.  That could be very true, but they police showed up at 8 p.m. I doubt the test came after that, he probably did pass a test in the morning/afternoon of the incident.  With that test probably figured he had a while before the next one and never thought about being caught that night.  For those saying he may not have known there was anything in DD bag, get real.  The complaints were they could smell it from outside the room, you would think it could be easily smelled IN the room!

Meanwhile......

HP: Man, what is in this ****, man?

DD: Mostly Maui Waui man, but it's got some Labrador in it.

HP: What's Labrador?

DD: It's dog ****.

HP: What?

DD: Yeah, my dog ate my stash, man.

HP: Yeah?

DD: I had it on the table and the little mother ate it, man. Then I had to follow him around with a little baggie for three days, man, before I got it back. Really blew the dog's mind, ya know?

HP: You mean we're smokin' dog ****, man?

DD: Gets ya high, don't it?

HP: I think it's even better than before, you know?

DD: Uhhh, I wonder what Great Dane tastes like, man.

....try explaining that......

I don't even care to read the article, and that's no disrespect to anyone who has or is going to, I've just moved on from the whole situation. The thought of thinking more about Hanner and Devin, and replaying in my head all of the what ifs, is way too tiring.

I'm with you in this! Well said

Did anyone actually read this article or are you all just tearing it apart without even knowing what it says?

It was Hanner's apartment and he's the one who let the police in. He passed a test on Monday, article doesn't specify if it was before or after (but if it was after, I'm sure Rabby would have said so). I don't want to give away all of Rabjohns' article here, but those of you calling this "shoddy journalism" or whatever have no idea what you are taking about. The piece takes no sides. It's a platform for HMP to tell his side, and it's mostly the BS you would expect to hear from someone after they've been kicked off the team. 

He takes responsibility, says he needed to make better choices, he understands that he broke the rules and misrepresented the University. Says one of the lessons he learned is that not everyone out there that wants to be your friend really has your best interests in mind. 

Did anyone actually read this article or are you all just tearing it apart without even knowing what it says?

It was Hanner's apartment and he's the one who let the police in. He passed a test on Monday, article doesn't specify if it was before or after (but if it was after, I'm sure Rabby would have said so). I don't want to give away all of Rabjohns' article here, but those of you calling this "shoddy journalism" or whatever have no idea what you are taking about. The piece takes no sides. It's a platform for HMP to tell his side, and it's mostly the BS you would expect to hear from someone after they've been kicked off the team.

He takes responsibility, says he needed to make better choices, he understands that he broke the rules and misrepresented the University. Says one of the lessons he learned is that not everyone out there that wants to be your friend really has your best interests in mind.

that last comment makes me think he still doesn't get it and accepts no responsibility for his actions. Sounds like he is punting off blame on others as if it was someone else that made him drive drunk, smoke dope etc

that last comment makes me think he still doesn't get it and accepts no responsibility for his actions. Sounds like he is punting off blame on others as if it was someone else that made him drive drunk, smoke dope etc

He definitely portrays that he takes responsibility for himself. Doesn't really blame other people, just sort of discusses it. My wording might not have been great. 

In fairness---I have not read the article.  But from the comments from those who have---if they are correct---it just basically presents Hanner's side of the story. That is fine to put out there---but fair and balanced journalism requires both sides of the story.  My point is Coach and the administration laid out the rules and they were not followed or he would still be here.  Coach cares about his players and I am frankly tired of the spin that certain people and sites try to put out there that Hanner was somehow treated unfairly---which in code is usually just another knee-jerk hit piece against Coach Crean. This is not Crean's fault. It's Hanner's. I don't want to read or hear the one-sided excuses by Hanner.  It's BULL. We know better and we have moved on.....and now Hanner must too.  I work in the Court system and these are the same old tired excuses I see every day by people and their supporters trying to avoid responsibility.  Man up Hanner ---and move on!

Fair enough. Can we hold mods to the same standard?

I don't prefer reading a post directed at me, name calling and then later find out it's a mod, either.

I did name call but my comment was generic. Not directed at anyone and not quoting anyone. Obviously it followed a comment as all replies do and it did address points in that post. So, I apologize, Reb.

Edit: I realize you're both Reb, so my original apology was to RebelHooiser, if it looked like I name called him. And to HoosierReb

With that said some of you guys (myself included at times) really need to get a thicker skin. I would say the vast majority of posters here are adults so the childish "he called me a name" stuff gets really old really fast. If someone says something you don't like sometimes it's easier to just ignore it.