Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

He passed his drug test but was still kicked off the team.

I have to say, I don't agree with that.  I'm sure there are other factors that led to his dismissal, but I feel it may have been excessive to kick him off the team for having Devin Davis with weed inside his own apartment.

He passed his drug test but was still kicked off the team.

I have to say, I don't agree with that.  I'm sure there are other factors that led to his dismissal, but I feel it may have been excessive to kick him off the team for having Devin Davis with weed inside his own apartment.

Completely agree.  

Certainly did not expect Perea to pass the drug test.  Not sure if I'd take his word on it though...

Completely agree.  

Certainly did not expect Perea to pass the drug test.  Not sure if I'd take his word on it though...

The article pointed out that other sources confirmed the passed drug test.

The article pointed out that other sources confirmed the passed drug test.

Wow, thanks!  Certainly did not expect this.  I'm assuming there's more to the story; like AKHoosier said, seems excessive to kick him out just for hanging out with DD. Now, if he was in the room while DD was lighting up, then I get it...otherwise...

How far back did the screen test? Maybe he was below the cutoff level. Just because he passed doesn't mean he didn't use. Also, I have a hard time believing he was completely innocent here. IMHO too much smoke (lol) for there not to be some fire

I am pretty sure that he passed a drug test prior to the incident, which is what I have read.  Which explains why they thought they could get away with it in the first place.  They assumed they wouldn't be tested for a while since they were just tested.

Seems controversial to write a favoring piece on Hanner without asking him to clarify the drug test timeline in the article. I haven't read the article and can't tell if it's written in context of questioning Crean on Hanner's dismissal (lack of post incident drug test) or if it's a plea from Hanner to try and return eventually.

It's shoddy journalism to write an opinion piece without knowing ALL the facts.  Plus Medema is correct---it's at least Visiting a Common Nuisance---a misdemeanor--if you go to a place and know someone is possessing/using drugs there. Hanner knew what was expected of him and he failed to live up to those expectations. In other words---he blew it.  No sympathy here.  Coach did the right thing. I wish Hanner well in the future but he would have still been at IU if he truly respected the law and the program he represented. I've already moved on...anybody hearing anything on Bielfeldt?