Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

rebelhoosier848891

UM Graduate Transfer Max Bielfeldt To IU

Didn't say Illinois offered on the one I looked at. Anyway hope it works out for both parties! Don't feel strongly either way.

Several articles I read said Max comes from a big family of Illini supporters---there's even a building on campus there that bears the family name.  He made an official visit there and they offered---he was recruited by Jerrance Howard--and he had a tough time picking between there and UM.  It seems tradition played a deciding factor. Perhaps it will again!

Smart move by Coach to have Zeisloft and Hartman meet with him/show him around-----Z3 can give him the grad transfer perspective and how he can find a role and playing time through hard work. Max is supposed to be a hustler and play with desire and heart like Hartman (Max won UM's 6th man award and the University's spirit award)---so he and Hartman match up personality-wise as well.

Also nice to see a player like Max who even as a 5th year senior commented he liked how Crean planned to push him to improve his game--- and I liked his comments on how he respects the IU tradition and likes the idea of playing for a top notch team next year. He's left The Hall with some losses while playing for Michigan so he knows what our crazy fan base is like.

We will soon see if it's enough.

call me selfish and I get it but when I played and my coach paired up an incoming recruit with me that was a very similar player I was always confused and a little uncertain what to make of it/what to say or do. If I'm Hartman who was often our 6th man, do you want a similar player that would play a similar role coming in?

call me selfish and I get it but when I played and my coach paired up an incoming recruit with me that was a very similar player I was always confused and a little uncertain what to make of it/what to say or do. If I'm Hartman who was often our 6th man, do you want a similar player that would play a similar role coming in?

Hartman should be playing the Backup 3 spot to JBJ and the backup 4 to TW (assuming the SL is yogi,rob,jbj,tw,tb) every now and then but I see him more as a 3. EH will be the 4 backup and I see Max as a 5 backup to TB. Max doesn't space the floor well so I can't see him playing the 4 at all

Hartman should be playing the Backup 3 spot to JBJ and the backup 4 to TW (assuming the SL is yogi,rob,jbj,tw,tb) every now and then but I see him more as a 3. EH will be the 4 backup and I see Max as a 5 backup to TB. Max doesn't space the floor well so I can't see him playing the 4 at all

maybe, just don't see Hartman ever playing the 3 at IU. He is a 4 and 5 whether we like it or not. Max is a 4. Not too many players at 6'7" or 6'8" depending on who you trust is really suited to play the 5 in division 1 let alone the bigten. There have been a few but most couldn't guard the many 6'10" or taller 5s in the bigten. We may play Max at the 5 by that is asking a lot

maybe, just don't see Hartman ever playing the 3 at IU. He is a 4 and 5 whether we like it or not. Max is a 4. Not too many players at 6'7" or 6'8" depending on who you trust is really suited to play the 5 in division 1 let alone the bigten. There have been a few but most couldn't guard the many 6'10" or taller 5s in the bigten. We may play Max at the 5 by that is asking a lot

Holt is the same height but skinnier. Who else would be playing the backup 5?

Holt is the same height but skinnier. Who else would be playing the backup 5?

I think Morgan will see some time between the 5 and 4 spot.He's a really good rebounder and finishes well around the rim.He's more skilled basketball wise than Davis or Perea.

As far as guarding a 5, Hanner was terrible and Davis was 6'6' I really don't see it being much different other than we actually have a legit 5 to play defense in Bryant.

If Max at 6' 8''and 250 and Big Ten experience can come in for stretches I think we will be fine.

Hartman needs to become a 3 or a stretch 4. No way should he ever play the 5.  It is a misuse of his eligibility to force him to play in a position that he is outmatched physically.

Hartman can play the 4 in Crean's style of offense.  He wouldn't be a 4 in my offense unless I needed to go small.  He has a good shot and should work on that and his handle and be the 3 or the third guard in Crean's offense. He can still be the first off the bench unless Bryant is the one coming out.

Crean's weakness in my opinion is he uses an offensive style that puts his defense at a disadvantage.  I prefer to have a 1 that can score off the drive or from 3, a 2 with some length and can create his own shot if needed, a 3 that is a longer version of the 2 that can rebound, a 4 that has length and enough muscle to battle with the 5 if needed and help down low to block shots, and a 5 that has post skills that can defend the rim and can be efective on the high pick and roll.

Several articles I read said Max comes from a big family of Illini supporters---there's even a building on campus there that bears the family name. He made an official visit there and they offered---he was recruited by Jerrance Howard--and he had a tough time picking between there and UM. It seems tradition played a deciding factor. Perhaps it will again!

I do think they "Vijay Blackmon'd" him and it didn't sit well initially. Not sure if that's been brought up yet or not