Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

rebelhoosier848891

UM Graduate Transfer Max Bielfeldt To IU

I believe that Max was voted the UM 6TH MAN award by his fellow team members last year so they thought a lot about him and his ability.  That means he must be pretty good for the things we can use this coming year.  We have a great team now and need him for added depth and hustle - I go with the opinion of the UM team members.

I also say Crean was smart enough to get him to make this visit and here is hoping that he returns in June.  We should know next week - maybe while he is here!

Hopefully he loves the atmosphere of IU! To bad there won't be many people walkin round campus. Good thing he knows what Assembly Hall is like on Gameday.

So you don't think this guy can contribute more than walkons? He would only be here for 1 year so not much of a risk in regard to scholarships.

There was a lot of doubt/criticism with Nick Z. Gonna trust Coach Crean and hope we get him.

NZ was a good addition. If this guy can have that type of impact I am all for this pick up. I'm just not in a hurry to back filling those scollys for the sake of filling them. 6'7" 245 doesn't fit the Crean player profile, so I guess I am hesitant to think he will get much play. I'm sure there is a reason that a barebones Mich team couldn't find another spot for him, but I haven't looked at their recruiting class. I know Levert coming back had something to do with this, but lets not forget how terrible Mich was last year.

IU Needs Another Big!  M.B. Might Be A Solid Addition - with that said - IU Needs Another "Above The Rim" BIG!  NOW & With This Stellar Returning Group!!

IU has a one year window this coming season with an extremely rare collection of talent for '15 / '16.  While T Bryant is a tremendous addition,  IU needs a viable 5 back-up.  I don't aspire for agreement - yet, we've all seen it before: 2 fouls in the first 10 minutes of play, injury, fatigue, etc. & IU is, once again, playing "patty cake" in the paint.  As Ned Pepper is quoted, "Too thin, Rooster, Too Thin .."

IU Needs Another Big! M.B. Might Be A Solid Addition - with that said - IU Needs Another "Above The Rim" BIG! NOW & With This Stellar Returning Group!!

IU has a one year window this coming season with an extremely rare collection of talent for '15 / '16. While T Bryant is a tremendous addition, IU needs a viable 5 back-up. I don't aspire for agreement - yet, we've all seen it before: 2 fouls in the first 10 minutes of play, injury, fatigue, etc. & IU is, once again, playing "patty cake" in the paint. As Ned Pepper is quoted, "Too thin, Rooster, Too Thin .."

We have two spots open now so sign a max and if a guy like you describe is out there get him too

Seems like an okay option to me. Sounds like, if UM really wanted him they could have fought to keep him. Idk, I guess he would be a solid guy off the bench but I'm not fully impressed by taking UM leftovers.

I could be dead wrong here, just my current feelings.

Yea, I was hoping for something a little better to take one of our open schollys.

I know it won't happen because this staff thinks it's illegal to go into the season with less than 13 scholarship players, but I'd prefer we bank at least one of them.

No need to bank it, just give it to Burton.

All of the folks on here who wouldn't like this probably didn't like the NZ addition either..and they were all wrong. Be happy if he wants to come here and I'm sure he can certainly add something to the mix up front. We need the depth and can still use the scholly next year