Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

rebelhoosier848891

UM Graduate Transfer Max Bielfeldt To IU

There has been a pretty good reception for the idea of adding Max, but let me make my thoughts perfectly clear:

There are some players that look good on paper or on recruiting star tallies, and there are some players who help a team win..in many, many ways.

With the team we have coming back, Max Bielfeldt would be a far greater asset for the Hoosiers than HMP. In the locker room, in practice, in the development of Thomas Bryant, and defensively during games.

Max Bielfeldt is the kind of role player that will, without question, put us closer to a potential championship run.

Great post - agree 1000%

Well this isn't going to help the relationship between the two programs....especially if Michigan tried to stop him from transferring within conference.

Now it's our chance to wreck THEIR program!

I'm willing to bet that Crean has very few good relationships with Big Ten coaches beyond Tom Izzo.    Not sure there's much left to ruin.

Well, I'm not sure how I feel about this. On one hand I would like crean to just save the scollys and maybe give them to Walkons unless he can land a quality big man. On the other hand, if he is a character guy that will stay out of trouble and contribute in practice, I'm all for it.

My concern is that he isn't going to be good enough to contribute much. If we get him I hope he proves that thought wrong.

Well, I'm not sure how I feel about this. On one hand I would like crean to just save the scollys and maybe give them to Walkons unless he can land a quality big man. On the other hand, if he is a character guy that will stay out of trouble and contribute in practice, I'm all for it.

My concern is that he isn't going to be good enough to contribute much. If we get him I hope he proves that thought wrong.

So you don't think this guy can contribute more than walkons? He would only be here for 1 year so not much of a risk in regard to scholarships.

There was a lot of doubt/criticism with Nick Z. Gonna trust Coach Crean and hope we get him.

I'm willing to bet that Crean has very few good relationships with Big Ten coaches beyond Tom Izzo. Not sure there's much left to ruin.

Yeah I imagine he burnt the UM bridge going after Meyer.

(I stand by my opinion that I thought it was hilarious and awesome. Different conversation though)

Re: Sunday visitor

By Jmalbers

4:51 PM

Bielfeldt told me tomorrow's visit will likely be his last one and that he plans to make a decision within the next week. IU is in good shape.

Bielfeldt: "My interest level is high. They're a great program with a long history of winning."

He is perfect fit at this point. Veteran big who would not be expecting a lot of minutes. Dakich is promoting him and he knows the kids on that team well. We have out primary big for next year in Bryant. If Bryant ends up being just an OK player then we are probably not going past sweet sixteen anyway.

We need a dependable big who can give us 10 to 15 mins a night most of the time against the other teams back ups. Last year we missed on these guys and we needed them desperately. This year, guys like Max, are exactly what we need. Even though he may not have the athleticism of HP I could see this as an upgrade in some sense be said now there will not be a need to use some of Bryant's time with HP

IU Needs Another Big!  M.B. Might Be A Solid Addition - with that said - IU Needs Another "Above The Rim" BIG!  NOW & With This Stellar Returning Group!!

IU Needs Another Big! M.B. Might Be A Solid Addition - with that said - IU Needs Another "Above The Rim" BIG! NOW & With This Stellar Returning Group!!

You make it sound like its a cinch at this point. How many of this type of a player do you consider to be available?

IU Needs Another Big! M.B. Might Be A Solid Addition - with that said - IU Needs Another "Above The Rim" BIG! NOW & With This Stellar Returning Group!!

I disagree, IU needs a solid big who can block out, communicate on defense, and defend the low post. There are plenty of above the rim players on this team.

It's a 1-year gamble and I like the odds.   As mentioned by others, he knows what B1G basketball is all about and could be of immeasurable value in helping TB adapt to Division I basketball.

But in any event Coach Crean, NO MORE PROJECTS!

Here's the problem with this :   Crean has a bad habit of trying to out-think the room and he consistently goes after that one kid who he thinks everyone else missed.   The proverbial "diamond in the rough."   He got one right with Oladipo, but there have been so many misses.....   I think he's addicted to the chase to prove how smart he is.

I realize options are kinda limited at this stage in the game, but I'm honestly not crazy about him. He would be better than nothing

He probably is not a starter---but he would be a solid contributor on the floor and in the locker room (as opposed to a project).

At this point---DJ White ain't walking through that door. I say take him if he will come and keep the other scholly for a potential 5th starter (Maker or a late transfer) and if we don't get the homerun with it---pick up a back-up pg .

We will find out soon if we---LOSE A MAX (Hoetzel)---GAIN A MAX(Bielfeldt)!

I hear Max Bielfeldt's nickname is MOOSE.  Maybe next year in The Hall---THE MOOSE WILL BE ON THE LOOSE! :D