Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

rebelhoosier848891

UM Graduate Transfer Max Bielfeldt To IU

I get that and all but it goes both ways. Calbert ended up being a pretty good plan b or c for us

i usually agree with you but Calbert was a completely different situation. It was the 80s before there was national coverage of recruiting, he was a high school player, he had been injured and he was a priority #1 for the assistant coaches that saw him play.

This kid is no diamond in the rough. He has had enough time to blossom/showcase his talents. He is an average bigten role player. Nothing wrong with that but think there has to be other options out there as good or better

I am with those that will have to take some time to warm up to him if he picks us.  Of course I will support him because he was in our program, but that will come after I see him on the court busting his butt for the team.

I would be just as happy at this point with a similar player.  I don't think there is another out there this late for us to use as plan B. I would be okay with a graduate transfer guard for one scholarship.  We need to get the best available player at this point. It is like picking in the late rounds of a draft.  You aren't getting an impact player, but you might find a solid bench player.

I have thought since the end of the NBA season that Thibodeau would be leaving and Hoiberg would replace him.  Let's see if Max follows through and comes to IU when it happens.  In the meantime, let's keep kicking the weeds and take a good player if this drags out too long.

For what it is worth, Iowa State boards are beyond speculation about if Hoiberg is leaving.  They are speculatiing on who is going to replace Fred.  Their point is he could have ended speculation long ago with a statement that he wasn't interested in the NBA.  Most feel he has been waiting for a chance like Chicago or Minnesota. Both spots are open.

I would be surprised if he isn't meeting with the Bulls today.

Twitterverse saying ISU AD is opening up a coaching search in anticipation of Hoiberg leaving.

The scuttlebutt from Phoenix is that Suns head coach, and ISU alum, Jeff Hornacek is interested in the job and, depending on who/what/where you read, he's the leading candidate.

i usually agree with you but Calbert was a completely different situation. It was the 80s before there was national coverage of recruiting, he was a high school player, he had been injured and he was a priority #1 for the assistant coaches that saw him play.

This kid is no diamond in the rough. He has had enough time to blossom/showcase his talents. He is an average bigten role player. Nothing wrong with that but think there has to be other options out there as good or better

Yeah I understand and agree. I would not really have a problem if we said sorry we want kids who really want to come be at IU. Sometimes you don't worry as much about kids at the end of the spectrum. I do not think we are putting that much effort in on Max and am fine with either approach.

The scuttlebutt from Phoenix is that Suns head coach, and ISU alum, Jeff Hornacek is interested in the job and, depending on who/what/where you read, he's the leading candidate.

Could see him working really well at the college level

I think we should be hearing something one way or the other on this recruitment soon.  I like Max and want him to be a Hoosier as he helps our depth up front---but I will say the longer this recruitment drags on the less enthusiastic I am.  I want someone who really wants to be a Hoosier.  If it's not Max---then on to the next.  

I really want Max at IU, I believe the experience he would bring to the team would accelerate the development of Bryant and the others. I don't care if we are option A, B, C, D, etc., etc., I believe he is the type of player who will make the others around him much better especially since we are very green underneath the basket. TC will also be able to bring Max in and get quality minutes from him. I am sure no matter where Max ends up whether it was his first choice or third, he will embrace that program and give it his maximum effort and deliver positive minutes on the floor.

Would u guys be mad, if Kate Upton called u and said she would date you because her first choice wasnt available? Crean will take this kid anyway he can get him.

This kid isn't a five star prospect and he certainly doesn't have as large of assets as Upton. Max is more of a "last girl at the bar" who just happens to be fairly good looking.